Chapter Twenty-Three

I hope you all don't hate me after this chapter lol. Don't forget to comment & vote! Enjoy :D

Chapter Twenty-Three

      Relationships are weird but not as weird as the feelings that come with them. Tre had attacked Aaliyah again, he was angry that she had gone to the party and then they started arguing again and things turned ugly. In the end he broke up with her which was weird to me because before he was crying for her. I told Aaliyah it was for the best, she didn’t need a violent boyfriend that made her miserable but she was hurt, really hurt. She cried a lot and missed quite a few days of school because of him which was bad because our exams were getting closer and she needed all the time in school she could get. What made things worse however, was Tre going back to his ex Kelia less than two weeks after he broke up with Aaliyah which only proved that Aaliyah’s suspicions weren't absolutely ridculous, he probaby had been cheating on her.

   I felt really bad when I found out about that, I had always just assumed that Aaliyah was being paranoid because I always thought Tre was a good guy but I was wrong, very wrong. With Aaliyah being the bubbly strong-willed girl she was I didn’t expect her to be so down but then, after being with someone for two years I guess that really got her. It was a real shocker; Tre didn’t ever look like he’d be the violent. For the most part, he was pretty quiet and he was always buying Aaliyah nice stuff but looks and even actions could be deceiving. He showed me and everyone else the part of him he wanted us to see and I guess everyone did that to some extent…even Dane.

   After the party our relationship really struggled. The trust that I once had in him had just gone and no matter how hard I tried to put everything behind me I just couldn’t. To make things worse, Aaliyah couldn’t stand him and she wouldn’t be around me when he was around and I really needed to be with Aaliyah because I was the only person she wanted to talk to most of the time. So a lot of the time at school, we weren’t talking. In class, I was focused, exams were coming and I really didn’t want to mess up, plus my Mum had sat me down and had a ‘talk’ with me about Dane and school. She told me that she wasn’t happy with what he did and that she didn’t want any of my grades to slip any more, even if that meant breaking up with him. She mainly said all of that because my Dad had called and found out what happened and was adamant that we broke up but my Mum was a little lenient. She gave me a choice I otherwise wouldn’t have gotten if my Dad was there.

   Dane apologised a lot and I said everything was okay a lot but it didn’t really mean much because everything was not okay and deep down none of his apologies were really accepted. We went out on a few dates on the weekends, more than we did before to be honest as that was his attempt to try and patch things up but for me that just made it worse. I felt like he was just trying to buy me up again and I didn’t like that a single bit. All the dates to the cinema and fairs and days out didn’t stop me from feeling incredibly jealous or insecure whenever I saw him speaking to a pretty girl and they certainly didn’t stop me from feeling like an idiot after giving up my virginity to him and having him do something as stupid as he did. I can’t really say I regretted having sex because at the time, I loved him and I liked it, the emotional value was there I just didn’t feel like giving it to him was so special anymore because as the days passed, I wasn’t sure if the love was still there especially with nearly everyone who mattered to me against our relationship now.

   “That little girl is going to fall over.” Dane said to me nodding over at a girl who was on roller skates at the park. She was wobbling quite a lot and her arms were all over the place. She reminded me of Bamby trying to walk for the first time; she looked ridiculous.

   “I hope she doesn’t cry too loud when she does.” I replied dryly taking a sip out of my drink. It was spring now.

   Dane chuckled slightly then put his arm around my shoulders. “That’s not very nice.” I shrugged a little bit, half trying to show him that I didn’t really care and half trying to get him off of me. His touch was in a weird way, unnerving me. He sighed then dropped his arm. “When is this going to stop Alexandria? When will things go back to normal? I know what I did was wrong but God, I’ve tried so hard and all I ever want is you and won’t let me.”