Chapter Four

Chapter Four guys! I hope you're all enjoying so far! Please don't forget to comment and vote if you're liking it so far would mean a lot :) Enjoy!

"Alex! You wouldn't mind helping with a few visitors this morning period one would you?" Ms Clarke rushed waving her hands at me to get my attention. She was a funny short lady with wiry hair; Ms Clarke. Being new to the school she still had a lot of getting used to, to do but for some strange reason she seemed to always be rushing around and stressing herself out which lead to people often making fun of her.

"Erm, I've got English first period miss." I said giving her a light smile. I honestly didn't mind helping out but English was a lesson that I really enjoyed and I really didn't want to miss it.

"Oh I'm sure you'll be alright, you're a star in English! Go and get yourself registered then come meet me at the reception okay?" Ms Clarke said starting to rush off again. I opened my mouth to try and politely protest but by the time I had started to utter my first word she was already halfway down the corridor. I sighed then dragged myself to form to get my registration mark and for the next hour I greeted and spoke to some visitors coming to see the school for a reason I wasn't really bothered enough to grasp.

Besides the occasional joke the small group of middle aged professionals tried to crack every now and then the whole ordeal was quite boring and I just couldn't wait till I could go back into lesson. I was probably missing a heated debate on social justice in English at that moment! Even son, I managed to keep a sincere looking polite smile on my face and tell them everything good I could think about the school.

As soon as the visitors were handed back over to Ms Clarke I felt my shoulders drop as I gave myself a much needed sigh of relief. With a hurried pace I made my way to my next lesson where I sat next to Aaliyah and Shay.

"Where were you in English?" Aaliyah asked as I settled down next to her.

"Ms Clarke made show some visitors around again." I said rolling my eyes a little.

"She's a crack head you know." Shay said shaking her head. Aaliyah giggled and I shook my head at her.

"Leave her alone Shay." I said with a slight grin on my face, it was funny but mean. Ms Clarke was a nice woman, no matter how stressed she always was.

"Well you missed English, it was hilarious man, Mrs Jay was just cussing everyone, that woman has no mercy." Aaliyah said

"Why?" I asked while I mentally cursed Ms Clarke for making me miss the lesson.

"People didn't do the homework properly so now she's making us do a whole presentation on 'Of Mice and Men' which reminds me, you have to work with Dane and complete a detailed presentation." Aaliyah replied.

"Dane?" I asked remembering our long conversation the previous day.

"Yeah weird green eyes." Aaliyah said staring at me with a weird look on her face.

"The boy that you like, him." Shay said. I thanked God for giving dark skin because at that moment I was blushing ferociously.

"Erm who said I liked him?!" I asked sounding much more defensive than I had wanted to. Aaliyah and Shay burst out laughing and I blushed even harder with embarrassment. I covered my face.

"Never knew you were on it with white boys Alex." Shay cooed pinching my arm. I laughed.

"I'm not on it with anyone Shay! And anyways, what's wrong with white boys?" I asked raising my eyebrow at her.

"Nothing! I'm not saying there's anything wrong I just thought you'd be on it with our chocolates goodies you know what I mean." Shay replied laughing, wiggling her own eyebrows at me.