Chapter Two

okay hey guys! I know not many people are reading so far but if you are please please please comment and vote if you're enjoying the story so far. I'll defintely be posting much more regulary to keep the flow going and the story will be progessing, atm I just wanna set the scenes properly and introduce the main characters adequately. I'm really excited about this story and I promise I will finish it and not delete it like I usually do with my stories lolol :)

Chapter Two

   “Did you see that new boy today?” Asked my close friend, Aaliyah as we walked into the canteen to get a light snack to eat.

   “Yeah,” I said feeling myself smile. “He was in my History class this morning.”

   “Yeah? What’s he like?” She inquired inspecting the muffin she had just picked up. Aaliyah was very picky when it came to her food. It had to be perfect or else it was not good enough.

   “He’s alright you know.” I replied picking up my own muffin. “He’s from Hassock as well and he went to this posh grammar school so he’s kinda smart.”

   “Ew why the hell would he leave that school for this dump? Did he move or something?”

  “Yeah probably, he told me he got kicked out though.” I said trying to sound quite uninterested. If Aaliyah got the slightest hint that I liked him, she’d go crazy and tease me forever.

   “Why is it that every new kid has to have some badass story? But then again he does look like the type of guy to do something, I saw his eyes they’re like this fucking weird green colour.” She said. I laughed.

   “They’re not weird!” I protested thinking about how excited they made me feel.

   They’re beautiful.

 I gave myself another inward sigh, why was I so obsessed over him? I had just met him and had no chance whatsoever with him. I needed to stop acting like a little girl. I didn’t know anything about him, I was being silly. Falling for looks that should’ve meant nothing to me, but still…

   “Nah I don’t like eyes like that, too deep.” Aaliyah said screwing up her face. I laughed again and carried on talking to her as we walked out the canteen to meet up with Shay sitting outside copying some homework off one of the guys in her math class. Shay was actually a good student but math just was not her strong point just like me.

   We were often found sitting in the library going over a ridiculous amount of math problems while munching on equally ridiculous amounts of chocolate and crisps. School brought stress and sometimes the only way in which we could combat that stress was eating…a lot.

   The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. My lessons were nice and chilled and I managed to get a good slice of last weekend’s gossip from Aaliyah, most of which was completely and utterly hilarious. Dane wasn’t in any of my other lessons but I did see him in the corridor during one of the change overs and as I expected he had already caught the eyes of the girls in our year. Serena, a particularly pretty and ‘popular’ girl had already seemed to have claimed Dane as her own and seemed to be all over him.

   “So what, you’re like from them really posh areas?” She asked stressing her words to seem as if she was in this dumb trance that left her rendered in total awe of how ‘different’ he was. He grinned at her, seemingly enjoying the obvious attention she was radiating towards him. At this point I felt my face involuntarily react negatively because of course, as much as it annoyed me; I was jealous.

Awfully mature Alex.

   “Yeah but I’m not ‘posh’, that’s some bullshit.” He replied making a dismissive gesture with his olive toned hand. I raised my eyebrow while Serena and her friend Abby gave an exaggerated laugh. Dane chuckled slightly then looked up, catching my stare and smiled at me. I immediately blushed and gave him a small smile back before trying to get to my classroom as quickly as possible.

Nice one Alex.