Chapter Thirteen

i forgot to wish you all a happy Valentines Day! Here's another lovey dovey chapter just for it lmao

Chapter Thirteen

   What the hell was I supposed to wear?! Saturday had come and Dane had already texted me saying that he was waiting for me but I was nowhere near ready, unlike the last time I was with him, Shay and Aaliyah weren’t there to tell me what to wear. I don’t really know why I was stressing so much; I was only going to his house, I had been there before it was no big deal but still! I didn’t need to dress up; I could just go casual couldn’t I? Of course I could, he wouldn’t ask me to come to his house if he expected me to come in a gown because the only suit he’d be wearing would be a tracksuit.

Alex. Chill. Fucking chill.

   In the end, I gave up and just threw on a dark pair of blue jeans with a black slightly cropped jumper with my black converse. It was windy outside so I put on my black biker jacket and black snood. As for my hair, I tied it up in my favourite afro puff and then put on a little bit of mascara and covered up some blemishes.

   “Where are you going Alex?” My mum asked just as I was about to go out the door. I turned to face her and she stared at my face with a raised eyebrow.

   “To study.” I lied. I really didn’t want to tell her about Dane, not yet anyways, it was way too early and I knew she’d make an unnecessary fuss about it all. I mean, my mum trusted me but she was still a bit protective over me.

   “I hope so.” She said giving me a slow nod. I shrugged then opened the front door. “Be back before dinner.” She said before I managed to escape the house. I quickly put in my earphones and switched on my playlist and began walking off before he remembered to tell me something or ask me anymore questions.

   Despite being windy the day was quite nice. It was a weird November this year. It was meant to be getting cold but the weather still had a nice warm feel to it. The trees were bare but unlike most Novembers they didn’t look empty just…in a process. In a process of rejuvenation. The sky was not blue but white and that looked good, it looked clean and fresh and when I breathed the air seemed sweet and fresh which must’ve been just my good mood corrupting my senses because I lived in the city and the air was certainly not fresh.

Funny what I good mood could do.

  Soon enough I got to Dane’s house and I felt nervous again but that was quickly blown aside by a strong gush of wind that nearly knocked me off my feet after I had rang his doorbell.

   “Oh! Are you okay?” A woman asked after the door had been opened and as I was stumbling to catch my balance. I quickly looked up to find a pretty middle aged woman with thick long brown hair and green eyes just like Danes looking at me quite worried. I shrunk, embarrassed that I had made a fool of myself in front of her.

   “Oh yeah.” I said with an uncertain giggle. “Sorry…is Dane home?”

   The woman smiled at me.

   “Oh yes...to be honest I think he may be in the toilet.” She said with a nice laugh, opening the door for me. I giggled as I stepped inside the house, in an instant I saw Dane run down the carpeted stairs and too us. He looked nice. His hair in the middle that he now usually put in a topknot after his haircut was left out in a ruffled curly mess and he wore a simple white T-Shirt and fitted grey Nike jogging bottoms.

I worried for nothing.

   “Hey Alexandria.” He said staring at the woman who had to be his mother because the resemblance was just becoming stronger by the minute. “I thought you were going out?” He half whispered.