Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

(3) Unread text messages

Cale: I hope u aint weirded out by me I feel like I kinda need to talk to u more tho I didn't tell u properly on Saturday text me back and we can talk :/

Aaliyah: tre just text me idk wtf to do Alex I told him to leave me alone but since friday he keeps texting me saying he wants to see me but I don't want that cos I might still like him and I don't want to

Shay: omg alex I think Jerome is actually startin to get serious idk what to do o.o i thought dats what I wanted wit him but now im thinkin mayb we should keep on the flirting level like kinda like fwb but not wit the sex cos I aint hoeing around wit dat fuckboi lol

    I really should've cared more when I read all of those text messages but I couldn't in fact all they did was, gave me was a major headache. The only person who I wanted to have texted me didn't and I was worried. I hated how he handled things, every time he had a problem he'd just blocked me out of his life like after our first date together, and even though he said he did it to protect me from himself, I didn't want things to be like that. I wanted to help him through his problems. Dane thought he could handle everything on his own and didn't ask for help, from anyone but deep down I knew that he needed someone. Someone he could talk to. I knew from first-hand experience that bottling up emotions was never good. When my Dad first moved away I was hurt, I tried to act like nothing was wrong and I bottled up all my feelings of anger, resentment and hurt away from him for way too long and that didn't help with anything.

   I tried to call his phone again while my mind raced with thoughts of what may be happening to him, and everything else that was going on but his line just went straight to voice-mail.

Cale: don't just blank me alex I wanna talk to u

   I groaned, I knew I shouldn't have opened those messages. Everything was going so wrong, my feelings were all over the place and Cale, Aaliyah and Shay were just dropping huge loads of bricks on me all at the same time. I knew I should've been texting Aaliyah, she was probably the one who needed me the most out of those three but I didn't because I was selfish. I wanted to know what Cale had to say so, seeing as I couldn't get a hold of Dane but I texted Cale which honestly was a very risky thing for me to do. The thing with Cale was that he was a guy that I really used to like...a lot and if I'm honest, I didn't just stop liking him after he rejected me, back in year seven. When you have such a big crush, feelings don't just stop but eventually they did but only because I thought that there would never ever be a chance of us ever in a million years getting together. So deep down as the years went by, even though, I accepted that he wouldn't like me I still felt a little tingle of excitement when he was around and I still liked the way his incredibly jet black hair looked against his light skin. That only really stopped properly when Dane came into the picture, after Dane came I didn't feel anything when Cale was around and I was happy about that. But now Cale was telling me that he liked me, that there could be a chance between me and him and it was confusing me because, I loved Dane very much, with all my heart even but yet a small part of me still felt that excitement that a girl gets when a guy says he wants her which made me so many different ways. Angry; because shouldn't have felt anything, confused; that I still felt anything and bad because I was feeling something while my boyfriend was in a terrible state.

   I decided I needed to do what was best. I needed to cut what Cale was saying to me off and the only way I could do that was by fulfilling his request to talk to me. I wasn't going to do anything over text, a part of me still didn't believe it and thought it was a stupid prank of something so I called him.

   "Cale?" I asked once he picked up the phone.

   "Hey baby girl." He answered casually on the other side. I hated that; while I was there fighting with all my emotions he was just there casually calling me his baby girl. Did he realise what he was doing to me? Did he realise how unfair this was for me?