Chapter 15~Dawn

*Okay now this is the longest chapter I've ever wrote! Big things on the way!~xoxo Bells 🔔❤️🧡💛*

"Andy come on." I put an arm around Lorna and help her towards the elevator. I press the button.

"Agggghhh." Lorna screams louder.

"Damn it." I press the button harder but it's taking to long. "Lorna, hold on to me okay? Andy you do the same." Then Reeva and the triplets come. "Oh great. More people. Okay everyone listen. I need you all to hold on to each other okay? We're gonna take a bit of a shortcut." I close my eyes. I focus on where I need to go. Breathe in and out, I remember. I feel the power surge through my veins. Then when I open my eyes we were back at the old factory they were prepping for Lorna's baby. I start to move but I can't I feel so exhausted. So, I hand off Lorna to Reeva. "Take her." I say feeling light headed.

"You good?" Andy asks me his face sill of worry. My head spinning.

"Mhm...yeah...totally...just..a little...tired....never...done...that...before." I say my words slurring from how tired I am.

"Alright. Here we go." Andy says as he picks me up.

"Hey..what're you—"

"Yeah I wasn't about to let my girlfriend stumble inside the cube?"

"Girlfriend?" I say shocked. My words starting to sound full again.

"Um yeah? Sorry it just came out." He says uncertainly and definitely embarrassed. You could see the blush on his cheeks.

"Oh so I'm not your girlfriend then." I said teasing him. "Hmm. I guess I'll go kiss my boyfriend then."

"Wait. What?"I immediately kiss him.

"Andy, I'm joking. You're obviously who I'm talking about. Also my cute adorable boyfriend, you can let me go."

"Oh yeah sorry." He lets me down gently but then the ground starts shaking and metal starts coming towards us. Immediately I put up a force field so it doesn't hit us. Andy looked at me weirdly.

"What is —" I start to ask him before we heard Reeva yell.

"Get in here! Now!" We run inside and Reeva shuts the door. I can see Lorna struggling and I can feel the thoughts in the doctor's mind.

"This isn't normal. Is it?" I look at the doctor.

"No, it isn't. It's like she has a mental block. Her brain feels as though she has nothing to fight for." Reeva and the sisters start whispering.

"We could help her." Esme or maybe Sofie or maybe Phoebe (I really don't know) says. I knew the sisters were powerful but I felt Lorna's mind and I don't think she trusts them very much. So I made up my mind.

"No. Let me." I look at them all. They are are looking at me in shock except Andy. "What?"

"You can read minds?" The sisters say.

"Of course I can. You didn't do your research?" I say all sassy. I turn to Lorna and put my hand in her hand. "Hey, I'm gonna help you out okay? Just stay with me." I close my eyes and immediately I'm on her mind. I can see her in darkness. Trapped in chains. "Lorna?" I asked her worriedly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take you home."

"I can't. I'm trapped." She raises her hands showing her restraints.

"Lorna, they're metal." I say pitifully. It was hard seeing her like this. Someone so strong and yet completely helpless.

"My powers aren't working."

"I can't do this for you Lorna. Sure I can help you and guide you but, I don't want to force you. This is your decision to make. To stay here or to go out there and fight another day. Fight for your baby Lorna." At the mention of her baby she looked right at me.

"Is the baby okay? What happened?"

"I'm gonna give it to you straight Lorna, if you don't break out of these chains you and your baby will die." Lorna got even more scared.

"I can't. I can't do it."

"Yes you can." I put my hand on her hand. "Look Lorna. Just look." I showed her a possible future. One with out her and her baby. I showed her how mutants will all fall. Good and bad. Eventually all of them gone. Extinct. Then I showed her a future with both of them. The mutant home world they are fighting for. The future we all are fighting her. When I take her out of the vision her face had a hard resolve. "Now get out of these chains." I told her. "You can do this Lorna. I promise you, you can." Immediately you can feel her energy come back. "Come on Lorna. Come on!" She starts screaming and the chains start to come off. "Come on!" I shout at her.

"Aggghhhh." She screams and immediately we're back in the cube.

"Come on Lorna!" I keep holding her hand and she squeezed hard. "Ouch, but good job!" I say. "But,ouch." She squeezes my hand harder and then you hear a baby cry.

"It's a girl!" The doctor says. He immediately gives the baby to Lorna.

"You did it!" I say to her.

"All because of you. Thank you." She says and squeezes my hand.

"No problem but, I am billing you for my hand treatment." We both laugh. "Now what are you gonna name her?"

"Dawn."

"It's perfect but, I'm gonna put your mind to sleep okay. That took a lot of your energy." Lorna nods.

"Here take her. Only you and Andy, promise me."

"Okay, I promise." I took Dawn from her hands and put and hand on top of Lorna's head. "Sleep." I whispered and Lorna doses off. The doctor moves to take Dawn from me.

"I can take her."

"No thank you, I'm fine. Where is the baby crib?" I say while I rock the baby.

"In the back."

"Alright. Andy could you come with me?" I needed to ask him about the look he gave me before. Something just felt off about it.

"Yeah sure." He says and looks at Reeva as if asking for permission. She shook her head as if to say it was okay looking at me sternly. I felt a pang of disappointment. I was disappointed that he looked at Reeva for everything even walking with me. Not to mention the way she was looking at me. Like she owned me. "Sad." I said under my breath. "Just sad."

"What is?" Andy says now next to me.

"Nothing." I reply coldly.

"Hey what's your problem. You nice one second and then your shut of the next!" He raised his voice at me.

"Andy. Calm down. Now."

"No! No, I want to know." The place starts shaking again. Jezz, I'm gonna get motion sickness. Then baby starts to cry.

It goes down hill fast after that.