Chapter 17~ The Purifiers

"Is that...?" Andy asks confused.

"Andy. Run." I go behind a car praying that they didn't see us.

"Why are they here? So close to the underground's hideout. You think they know?"

"I'm not sure Andy but we need to leave. You think Reeva will kill us now? They will do ten times worst to us. These people are ruthless Andy and the government doesn't even care. I saw it all first hand when I was living with my adopted family."

"You don't talk about them a lot."

"Let's just say we aren't on the best of terms. At least not me and my adoptive sister."

"What happened."

"I'll tell you later but I really don't think it a a good time Andy." The truck with the flag has parked by now and four men came out with guns. One is a blonde haired man, one blacked haired man, brown haired, and finally one with no hair at all. Ironic. I turned to see Andy's face and he was pale. "Are you okay Strucker?" I put my hand to his cheek and he leaned into my touch sighing heavily and shutting his eyes. I see flashes of what he is thinking about. The day his powers manifested and that was the man who was at his door trying to take him in. And I felt so much pain. Just unbelievable pain. "Andy I need you to be strong okay? So I'm going to share the pain alright."

"What no—" He got startled.

"Too late." I started absorbing his pain. My heart felt so heavy. I chocked out a sob. "I'm so sorry Andy."

"I don't matter. Are you okay?

"Yeah." I said wiping a few tears that left my eyes without me ever noticing.

"You said we have to go so let's." He shook me knocking me out of all that sadness.

"Yeah right." I say resolutely and I saw the Purifiers checking out alley ways and speaking into walkie talkies. "I'm gonna get closer." I start to move but Andy holds me back.

"No way you'll get caught."

"That's why it's so fun. You stay here." I smiled and started to move closer to them ducking behind another car. I was close but not close enough to hear what they were saying. I decided to move closer one car and went flat against the wall of the beginning of the alley.

"I can't believe they have us out here looking for mutants. There's no one around." The blonde haired man said.

"Yeah well we just do one look around and head off to the mutant clinic." The bald man said which I learned from Andy his name was Agent Turner. Damn it is all I thought. I can't let those people get hurt. I have to follow the Purifiers. I closed my eyes and focused on Andy's mind and spoke into it.

"Andy I'm going to go with the Purifiers."

"What no!" He spoke back. "You'll get caught."

"It's just four of them. I can handle it. Just cover for me with Reeva."

"I am coming with you. End of conversation." He says resolutely and I roll my eyes but smile.

"Damn you Strucker." I mumble under my breath.

"I know I'm amazing." He speaks from behind me and I jumped.

"Jeez Andy give a girl some warning."

"Sorry." He said quietly. The men started to come back to the car and Andy tapped me and pointed to their trunk.

"Good idea." I said making my way to their trunk Andy boosting me up so I could get in. I held out my hand to him and helped him up as well. Then I took the trunk cover and put it on top of me and Andy. Just for an extra precaution I made my way into the men's minds making them think it was a perfectly good trunk. Andy and I hear the men dump their guns in the trunk and hop into the car.

"How long are we staying here for?" Andy asks.

"They said they were going to a mutant clinic. I say we attack at an abandoned area. That's why we should let them drive for a while. Keep an eye out for anything abandoned."

"Okay." Andy peeks out of the cover. "They have so many guns." Andy closes his fists. I put my hand on his hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Stay focused Andy." He nodded his head. We drove for a good ten minutes before Andy speaks.

"Look there's a abandoned car lot there. We could take them there." He lifts the cover to I can see.

"Alright." I closed my eyes and focused on the car and I twisted the wheel and pressed the gas down so the car moves in the direction of the car lot.

"What's happening?" One man says.

"Mutants." The other says. I abruptly stop the car and the men pile out frantically.

"Now. Andy." I say. We take off the cover and I raise the guns and cock them. Andy starts shaking the ground.

"Andy Strucker? I thought you all were dead." Turner says. He looks at us in disbelief.

"Never mind him. Let's talk about where your getting your information from and why you are hurting innocent mutants." I say with venom in my voice.

"Innocent? No mutants are innocent! They terrorize us and—" The blonde hair man says but I fired the gun into his leg so he didn't finish his sentence.

"You were saying?" I smile cruelly at him. "That everyone was a wrong answer. Agent Turner you have 2 more men left which means you have two more tries. Or I fire again."

"Listen," he said holding up his hands moving towards me "we just get names from the higher ups."

"Who?"

"I can't tell you that." I shot another bullet into the black haired men.

"One last shot Agent Turner."

"No I don't think so." He says and he hold up a device and an earsplitting sound comes out of it.

"Ahghghh." I scream out covering my ears dropping on my knees.

"Do you like it? Works on mutants with telekinetic or metal powers and destabilizes them. I decided to invest in it ever since Lorna Dane. Now both of you will be coming with me." Turner starts walking up to the truck but Andy blasts him back and picks me up bridal style and I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him close.

"Are you okay." He says worriedly. "I'll kill him."

"We have to go Andy." I say my eyes threatening to close my head pounding.

"Okay. Come on." He jumped out of the truck and started walking towards the lot. The ringing slowed down and the dizziness stopped. "Can you run?" I shook my head yes and he let me down. We started running towards some of the cars and Andy checked each and everyone of them until one opened. "Alright this one. Let me hot wire it."

"You know how to do that?" I ask smiling.

"You learn a few things here and there." He chuckled. Then I heard the car roaring to life. "Yes!" Andy says triumphantly. "Let's go." I start to walk into the car and then I hear a gunshot.

At first you feel pain.

Then you feel nothing.

I can't feel my legs and I start to fall.

Than Andy comes and holds my hand.

That's when it happens.