Chapter 10~ My Mind

*May be triggering to some.*~Author❤️💛🧡🔔

So here I am telling someone they mean something to me when I only known him for a day. Less than that. But for once in my life I can feel something nagging at me that makes me vulnerable. Usually I wouldn't like feeling like this but for Andy I somehow don't care at all. Now I'm nervously waiting for his reply. Some part of me feels like he'll just reject me. Now I wait.

Waiting is so dreadful.

"I mean something to you?" His voice cracks in the most heartbreaking way.

"Of course you do. I feel this feeling that I can't explain when I'm around you." I blush as soon as I say that. I probably sound mental.

He looks at me like he is studying me. Like he is trying to decide if I just took pity on him and just said some random words to make him feel better. He keeps looking at me until I ask,

"What is it Strucker? Think I'm lying?"

"No, just I feel the same way. It feels nice."

The sadness in his voice seemed to go away. I felt good knowing that it was me who took it away.

"Your turn."

"What should I ask?"

"Whatever you want."

"Show me her biggest insecurity."

Images flash before us not even I control what pops up. I must admit I am curious.

The images stop flashing and stop. We both look at I'm with out a top on. Andy immediately blushes and turns around.

"Andy." I laugh. "It's alright we are facing my back not my front"

He looks at me sheepishly and smiles. Wow that smile kills.

"Oops."

We both laugh. But then I notice what my greatest insecurity was. My scars. I felt so embarrassed for him to see me with them. I don't know why I never had before but I guess some part of me did.

"Just ask already." For some reason I said it like I was angry, defensive. Maybe I was mad at the truth because the truth can sting almost as bad as a lie.

"No."

"No? Why not?"

"It's none of my business."

"We are sharing each other minds all your business is mine and all of mine is yours."

"It doesn't have to be. It's an insecurity which means you don't like talking about it so I won't ask."

"Then I'll tell because I want you to know."

"You do? Why?"

"I-I-I Don't know." I said uncertainly. "You see I was adopted  but, when I was dropped off at my now house I don't remember anything before that. All I have to remember is a few jewelry items, a tiara, and scars. I've tried to get rid of them but they stay there a reminder that from wherever I came from it was broken. Now the tiara and jewelry I don't wear just because who ever gave them them to me might be the same person who gave me the deep scars in my back. The scars look like whip lashes. And sometimes I can feel myself remembering how I got them just for a second before all I have is this feeling like complete emptiness and that feeling of being broken."

Andy looks at me. You can tell he was listening because he pulled me into a hug and we just stood there together.

Together as one I felt complete for the first time in a while.

It's just the beginning.