Prolouge~Family

My family is what you call mutants. They aren't my blood relatives though, I'm adopted. But still, they took care of me my whole life and it helps that they are mutants. 

My adoptive mother is a sweetheart but she's also really badass. I mean she works as a lawyer to defend mutants and keep them away from jail. She has an incredibly good reputation for her actions in court. She gets under everyone's skin and still is the best lawyer out there. I mean when her clients come to her and are in pretty bad shape all she does is defend them for no money and only asks that they protect her or us if she ever called on them. And of course, they always say yes, she has a very good reputation. She has the power of the elements. 

My adoptive father on the other hand is basically like a mutant James Bond. I know it sounds silly but it is true. He gets paid a lot of money for the things he does. His powers include being bulletproof, having super strength, and flight. He is also capable of being able to think of any weapon and it'll appear. It makes him a perfect fit for his job.

And my adoptive sister (my adoptive parent's biological child) is a fashion designer and makeup artist. Everyone automatically loves her and her charm. Her powers are invisibility and shape-shifting, and she is bulletproof. It's a good thing I can tell where she has shifted or is invisible. 

And me?  Well, my powers include air manipulation. As in I can make force fields and made a sort of like blades out of the air. Fortunately for me, I can read, control, and speak in people's minds.  I am also blessed with telekinesis, the power of teleportation, I can also locate mutants by looking for their power and feeling it. And it only happened once or twice but when I concentrate hard everything around me grows golden and I can do some pretty hard damage; like a bright energy blast.

Everyone thinks our family is normal but that's so wrong. No one knows we are mutants. During the night we all go out and fight crime on the streets where originally my adoptive parents came from. Where people think they can take advantage of the sick and poor. Not on our watch.

Our family is pretty badass.