Chapter 16~Let's Start From The Top

"Y/N? Y/N?" I hear a mumbling sound. I snap out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"I was asking you to tell you part of the story. From the top." I look infront of me and there is Reeva looking as stern as ever.

"Which start? The first time I went into Andy's mind. The first time we kissed? The first time I called him my boyfriend? It all happened so fast it's hard to say which one is the true start."

"Fine. Then let's start with the fight you both had. In the old factory." I cringed.

"Might want to get some popcorn. It's a long story......."

*72 Hours Ago*

"Tell me!" He grabs my shoulder and I shoved him off and finally set the baby down. I turn away from the baby and walk right up to Andy.

"You need to calm down. Now. You do not want to see what happens if you don't." I made my eyes glow and Andy let out a sharp wince clutching his head. "Want to know what that's called? I call it my pepper spray. You want to know why? Because when you pull out pepper spray it means to back the hell off."

"So your gonna fight me now?" Andy says clutching his hands into fist coming real close to me.

"Are you going to give me a reason too?" I say looking at him long and hard. Everyone's eyes were on us by now. Reeva looked ready to kill us both. I opened my mind to Andy and only to Andy.

"Don't make me fight you Andy. You won't win." I say to him in his mind. He is still radiating with anger. I decide to take a step back and think about a different approach because coming off angry won't win, I need to show him a vulnerable side. My vulnerable side. " Your right Andy, what I did wasn't fair to you. Okay but please hear me out. Please. Andy i'm begging you calm down. I don't want fight you." I feel his anger residing.

"Let's go." He thinks. I nod my head and take us out. I reach for his hand and poof we were gone. I brought him to my old school the one with a very fancy playground. Too fancy for children if you ask me. "Where are we?" Andy's voice take me out of my thoughts.

"I couldn't wear anything to revealing because of the scars. I mean who would want to go to school with a kid looking like that? Who would want to go to school with a freak? I couldn't tell anyone what I was, why? Because then Sentinel Services would come knocking at my door making some bullshit excuse for why they were taking me away. You know what I always thought though? Through out it all? I thought that it was so cool that my adoptive parents are lawyers and bad ass crime fighting people. The real reality, the real truth is there is so much ugly under allll the makeup. Andy, I'm hard on you because I think you can be more. I've seen your mind Andy. You could be amazing things if you just learned not to coward under people. To let people respect you instead of bossing you around. I don't want you to be me Andy. It's funny really I mean no one has ever been this close to me. But you? Andy Strucker? You have just cracked five million different layers of me and i've only known you for what? A week? A couple days? What are you doing to me Andy?" I look at him. My last sentence honestly coming out as a question. I really did want to know how one man could change someone's life just like that. In a blink of an eye. At the snap of a finger.

"I feel like I have to follow orders. I mean I don't want to let my legacy down."

"Andy, you aren't a disappointment. You know that right?"

"Yeah it's just I want to do be a Von Strucker. I want to show the world how powerful our family really is."

"Then i'll help you. But you have to promise me you will tell Reeva she needs to respect you." He laughs and says

"Yeah, I will." After a moment of silence he speaks again. "You're changing me too you know. I had no one when I came here then, you showed up and I finally had someone. In there when you were saving yourself with your powers you remind me of someone. You reminded me of Lauren. I realized how much I missed them and I felt guilty. Part of me put that anger on you so i'm sorry."

"Andy Strucker, you ever say you're sorry for calling me out on my bullshit again, i'll smack you on top of the head." We both laughed.

"Noted." He says.

"Besides, I'm the one who should be sorry. I let my emotions get in the way of yours. Can I ask you something though Andy?" He looked at me. "You said missed. Do you not miss your family anymore? Is that why you feel guilty?" I ask him wondering why he said the words in past tense.

"When I left there was this part of me that couldn't be filled. I missed my family but, you came all of a sudden it started to fill. I had family again."

"Andy it's okay to feel fine. You know that right? Just because you feel whole again doesn't mean you don't miss them it just means you've learned to live without them. You can live while still missing someone."

"Yeah your right." Andy sounded so full of sadness and pain.

"Andy?"

"Yeah?"

"Where is your family? Can you think about it for me?"

"Yeah sure. What are you going to?"

"Just take my hand and you'll see." Me and him join hands again and the next second we are standing right outside the place his family was staying. "Come on." I say trying to hide Andy and I while walking towards the front door.

"What are you doing? We could get caught. Reeva will kill us."

"Then don't tell her." We are so close to the front door when I hear a truck coming down the street and see a flag strapped to the side of it. A flag that only brings death and destruction.

PURIFIERS