Chapter 10: Fluffy Stubbornness

Swallowing the lump caught in his throat, he began to stumble over his words, pointing out different equations to you on the paper, ones that he had already solved so you could see the process before giving you something to write with to practice on your own.

Your tongue poked out between your lips in concentration as you tried to solve it like he did. Then, you shuddered.

Despite the warm hoodie you had on, the AC was blasting and you were getting cold.

You tried to hide it from him. After all, he had already given you so much. You didn't want to keep taking advantage of his kindness.

You didn't get a chance to debate about it anymore in your head because a set of hands inched across your tummy hesitantly. You knew he was asking you if you were cold and you cursed your inability to conceal it from his keen eyes.

Sinking back further into his chest, you gave your answer and his arms hugged your waist from behind.

Either one of you could have easily gotten up to get his blanket but neither one of you wanted to move.

You were naturally very affectionate and in return, you were growing used to accepting a lot of affection from him, but somehow this time, it felt different. It didn't feel like the casual affection you experienced from Aizawa and the girls, this felt warm.

Intimate.

And as much as you didn't want to admit it, you desperately never wanted to leave his embrace.

The two of you jumped when there was a knock on the door.

Out of instinct, Ojiro squeezed your middle, ready to whisk you away at a moment's notice just like that day he rescued you.

Unfortunately, that caused you to squeak and the next second, the door cracked open.

Ojiro visibly relaxed when he saw his friend holding his pet rabbit. "Koda-kun!!"

He waved hello to the both of you and you returned it shyly as Ojiro invited him in. Internally, you wondered if you should get off of Ojiro now but really not wanting to.

Little did you know, he was feeling the same way.

The teen behind you nudged your shoulder and pinched your side to gain your attention. "He knew your first day back must've been kind of stressful so he offered to let you play with Yuwai-chan if you want to."

Intrigued by the creature exploring the room, you reluctantly climbed off of Ojiro, getting on all fours and following the bunny. You were unsure if it wanted to play with you since you were sure you seemed scary to such a fragile animal.

"You're not afraid I'll eat her?" You asked Koda.

Usually people ran at the sight of your canines.

He shook his head. Ojiro said you didn't have a mean bone in your body and he trusted him. He only wanted you to get more acclimated to the rest of his class and since he lacked the social skills, he was hoping to accomplish it through this instead.

Koda didn't talk much but you didn't mind at all. Choosing a spot on the floor, you tucked your knees up to your chest and waited for her to come towards you.

The domesticated bunny eventually crawled into your lap and you internally exploded at how soft and tiny she was.

"Kawaii..." You murmured to yourself as you petted her fur.

Ojiro smiled, sharing a look with Koda as you handled the latter's treasured pet with so much care. He couldn't bring himself to look away for fear he would forget how happy you looked.