Chapter 55: History Explained

It had been Nighteye's idea for them to ditch their usual hero costumes and support gear and sport dark and casual clothes that blended in with the night instead.

Less attention on them hopefully would give them more of an advantage. Aizawa couldn't say he disagreed with that notion.

But at the uproar that followed Nighteye's sound logic, Aizawa rolled his eyes at how many of the limelight heroes were clearly unprepared for a mission of this magnitude. There was no glory when it came to the underground or dismantling their operations. For many of the current heroes, their careers and identities hinged on getting credit for the work they've done.

Not for Aizawa though. His kids were proof of that much.

As the pros argued amongst themselves, those gathered divided on whether or not to allow the students to fight, a sharp whistle rang out through the air, effectively silencing the squabbling bunch.

Light glinted off of yellow glasses as dangerous as a knife's edge. Nighteye might have not have been an underground hero for most of his life, but the mission involving Chisaki and Eri had left a mark on him scored so deep, he'd be a fool to entertain another alternative when this was the most certain way to win.

How illogical. They would get nothing done this way in the time frame they needed to. They had two students missing and a ring of Quirk Traffickers to take down. The time to take action had long been upon them.

Nighteye laced his fingers together in front of his face contemplatively, piercing gaze shining ominously through his glasses as he assessed the hero students in front of him.

After an unflinching pause, he nodded, subtle approval and pride radiating from his form as he found what he was looking for and he leaned back, barely wincing from the sore spot of his midsection. It was only thanks to you that he had survived that fateful day. And he wasn't keen on wasting an opportunity to repay you for it.

He nodded to All Might and Nezu, sneaking a small smirk Aizawa's way. "They're ready and appropriately motivated. I do believe it wouldn't be wise to get in their way."

Endeavor scowled at the authority in his declaration but the grumpy Number One didn't dispute it, resorting to crossing his arms gruffly as his flames burned brighter in opposition.

But he was overruled by those who had clearly thought this through.

This operation of infiltration wasn't going to be the same as when the group of four from Class A helped rescue Eri alongside the pros and the Big Three. This was different. On a larger scale with more lives at stake. They couldn't afford any mistakes. And quirks brought in too many variables to account for.

They had only one option.

"We must fight quirkless."

Naturally, Nezu proposing such a sound and logical strategy caused many of the pros, especially the ones with mutation quirks that they couldn't cancel on a whim, to protest vehemently. But none of the hero students in the room, even the ones from Class B, could deny the rationality.

However, it certainly didn't help when Endeavor ranted on a furious tangent about how considering to fight quirkless was almost as useless as the people themselves, and Iida, Asui and Jirou barely restrained themselves from launching at him as a certain green bean shrank into himself more and more with every angry, misguided accusation.

Several loud explosions silenced him effectively, cutting off the Number One Hero before he could spout any more of that nonsense.

Resolutely, Bakugou scowled at those crying out in protest. His palms smoked from where his clenched knuckles were white. Vermilion eyes glared, burning darker than they ever had before, putting the fire and fight he put his all into winning to shame.