Chapter 28: Day with Holly

You shook your head, clearing your thoughts. Soon after you raced out of the classroom, you ran and ran until your legs couldn't carry out anymore. By the time Ojiro found you, you were sobbing openly into your knees.

The feelings of rejection and abandonment resurfaced and you cried.

The sound of your anguish sent a shot through his heart.

At least twenty minutes had passed before you were able to calm down and there was another ten minutes of silence before you sniffled and said that you were okay.

Ojiro asked if you wanted to talk to Aizawa but you shook your head, unable to stomach another confrontation right now and he understood, accepting your decision without making you feel bad about it.

You couldn't really put it into words.

You were scared that Aizawa wouldn't want you anymore, that he would throw you away like everyone else. Deep down, you hoped that it couldn't be possible. But too much cruelty had made your mind grow foggy at the possibilities of him abandoning you and you clung to Ojiro as if he were your lifeline.

The boy just let you, letting you calm down until you passed out. From there, you had speculated he carried you all the way back to the dormitory since the next memory you had was waking up in your room.

You felt bad he had to take care of you after your breakdown and you wanted to apologize causing trouble for the both of them but today was the day that Holly was coming and you needed to be ready.

So you pushed aside your personal feelings and plastered on a friendly smile as you got ready. It soon turned into genuine excitement as the possibilities that the day held got to you and there was a skip in your step as you ran downstairs.

Mysteriously enough, there was money on your nightstand along with a note that told you not to be frugal with it, and you could only assume that was Ojiro's doing.

You wiped your mouth with a napkin, handing another one to Holly so she could do the same.

She had eventually settled on a food stall on the outskirts of the Kiyashi shopping ward and the street food might be greasy but it tasted so good that you didn't think twice before digging in. The honking of the cars was loud out here and your ears pivoted every so often, picking up new sounds and you made sure to keep an eye out for anyone weird looking or seemed like they had malicious intentions.

Holly chomped on her kabob, smacking her lips loudly and you giggled at her theatrics. She definitely was not similar to Ojiro in that sense, that boy couldn't stand when people looked at him longer than two seconds.

Texting both Aizawa and Ojiro separately to let them know you had arrived safely, you directed questions towards the little girl between bites until you finished.

Both of you full, the two of you skipped into the mall.

You looked at everything that you had missed before the last time you were here. Holly had led you to a toy store, pointing out all the stuffed animals and board games she liked to play with her big brother.

You rather liked how she told you a story every time she saw something that reminded her of a memory.

She had told you she was quirkless but that it didn't bother her.

You were in awe of this little girl who seemed so mature for her young age as she told you that she admired her brother so much. She had wanted to be just like him but felt discouraged when her quirk never showed up.

He had been the one to reassure her that just because she didn't have a quirk, she wasn't any less special of a person. His constant reminder and showering her with unconditional love when their parents couldn't, helped convince her that no matter what, she'd always had him.