Chapter 9: Crushes

Pelting towards him at full speed, you saw him drop his books just so he could catch you in his arms. You giggled as he wound his tail back in its familiar place around your middle once he drew back and nuzzled into his neck, breathing in his scent deeply.

A content growl rumbled from the back of your throat as you scented him.

He chuckled, ruffling your hair. "Y/N-chan, you're back!!"

A huge smile broke out on your face as one rivaling your happiness stretched across his and you hopped up and down once you broke apart from him.

Your eyes shone brilliantly with a light that put the stars to shame.

"Ojiro-san, everyone's been so nice and friendly to me!!" You waved your hands around wildly to convey to him your experience. "I met Tsu-chan and we were all in Yaoyorozu-san's room and Hagakure-san painted my nails, see?! And then Sato-san made a cake and it was so good!! I had no idea that things could be so fun and—"

You stopped dancing and lowered your arms when you saw the soft expression adorning his features. Despite his arms being crossed over his chest, he didn't seem closed off to you. It was more like he was observing something he really liked from far away.

Padding towards him, your head cocked to the side, furry ears twitching curiously. "Ojiro-san?"

"I'm really happy for you, Y/N-chan." Ojiro murmured breathlessly.

His confession had your heart thumping wildly in your chest. And in a much more intense way than you experienced with Sato and the girls.

Your breath caught in your throat and you swallowed thickly, growing shy in a way that the attentive observers scattered across the room didn't miss.

"Ooooo someone's got a crush." Kaminari teased from the sofa and you blushed.

Ojiro frowned at the uncomfortable spot you had been put in and subtly shook his head at the electric boy. But his heart skipped a beat when you didn't deny it and his gaze flickered back to you.

Your whole face had turned bright red and you were unable to look at him, mouth opening and closing, at a complete loss for words.

His tail snaked around your waist, tugging you closer until he could embrace you.

"It's okay." He whispered so only you could hear him. "Whether it's true or not, don't worry. I won't be scared off."

You sighed in relief but the tender moment was broken when someone wedged their way between the two of you.

Ojiro narrowed his eyes at the purple head in suspicion.

Mineta introduced himself, salivating at the mouth in a way that made you want to crawl someplace safe.

You curled into Ojiro's chest, wanting to hide your face but not wanting to seem rude. So you introduced yourself to him, suppressing the urge to snarl when his gaze didn't leave your chest.

Then, he was gone.

"Resident pervert." Sero warned you, the ball of tape by his side struggling on the floor from where he had tied him up.

He had come down for dinner but when he saw Mineta bothering you, he didn't hesitate to shoot his tape to bind him in it.

You blinked. Somehow when you weren't looking, Shoji had come to stand in front of you, acting like a shield with his duplicate arms stretched out.

"T-Thank you," You faced the two of them wide-eyed at what just happened. "Both of you. I-I didn't know what to say."

"Don't worry." Shoji said, gesturing towards the barely recognizing Mineta. "He's learning to respect women but in the meantime, this is the best solution."