Chapter 56: It Starts with One

His entire life, Bakugou never understood bullies. Fucking idiots couldn't be strong themselves so they tore down others? No. He'd prove to them that they could be strong all on their own without bringing anyone else down.

He'd be living proof. And he'd stand right with Deku.

Witnessing his best friend launching into his nerd mode, tearing through prejudices and stereotypes with nothing but sound logic and pure passion for his quirk analyses, Bakugou leaned back with a feral grin and watched the destruction his Deku was unknowingly causing the round table of pro-heroes who had spoken out in protest against fighting quirkless.

Nah, never mind. He definitely knew what he was doing.

In a quirkist society, Midoriya had caught the brunt of the bullying. Bakugou did his best to mitigate it, blasting anyone within radius who looked his way even slightly disgusted, but he couldn't be everywhere at once and the teachers in every school they went to all discouraged him from protecting him. They even went so far as to separate them into different classes one year.

That didn't go very well.

He exploded them. More than once. Pretty sure there was more than one teacher involved that ended up being on the end of his powerful quirk and none of the detentions or disciplinary actions ever made him stop. His parents had backed him, his mother speaking up more than once against the actions of the adults and challenged what they were teaching her son and his peers while his dad quietly gave him a high-five.

Bakugou knew he was right. Respect was earned, not given, and authority figures like these didn't deserve shit for what they were doing. Like hell he wasn't going to stand up for his Deku.

He had no mercy for bullies, quirkist or narrow-minded fucktwads. Who the hell gave a fuck if they were teachers or adults older than him?

Aizawa never gave him shit for it. The haggard sensei had more than earned his respect.

One of their first lessons at UA was learning about the ruthless bullying and discrimination against quirkless people and how nobody ever did shit about it. Aizawa pushed that to the forefront of the curriculum to make them see and understand that the lines between being a hero, villain or a vigilante were blurry at best.

No one thing or aspect truly divided them. Their goals could overlap many of the times. And there was a difference between what society deemed a villain and an individual with true malicious intent.

Aizawa told his students all of it and spared them none of the harsh reality that had befallen him when he enrolled in UA, only to miserably fail the entrance exam. His quirk simply wasn't wired the way many other combat quirks were.

Being among the small number of students that essentially fought quirkless, he was ridiculed by his peers for even trying but he never stopped or gave up reaching for what he wanted even after he was enrolled in the gen ed course.

"Refusing to see or acknowledge your opponent will put you at a disadvantage." Aizawa explained on the first day to his hell class who already had the fear of All Might put in them. His eyes narrowed but he took no pleasure in the way his class flinched. "Each of you have potential. You can lose it just as easily if you forget where you came from, who you are and who you want to be. Do not disappoint me."

His students weren't going to be taught or encouraged to discriminate in his classroom. Each of them had room to grow, issues to deal with. None of them could pass any judgment or declare themselves better without any proof that was to come from disputes being settled in the training arena. And anyone who had issues with it that weren't willing to learn or change got expelled without a second thought.