Chapter 58: Wrecking the Villains' Plans Just For The Fun of It

Aizawa's shock at seeing you round the corner disappeared and the seasoned pro-hero's instincts took over. In a flash, he had your pursuers knocked flat on their back, arms bound tightly to their sides. Chest heaving, sweat and blood trickling down his brow, he could do nothing else but stare at you.

Then, he rolled his eyes, relief coloring his words despite his front of exasperation of a father who has been over this multiple times already. "Y/N, this is not a party."

Shinsou's grin was wide, in the spitting image of your own.

You sprang up, a skip in your step as you bounded over to Aizawa, tail wagging furiously and ears perked up. Your brilliant smile didn't even waver for a second as you disregarded the flippant chastise, rushing forward to hug him tightly.

"I knew you'd come." You whispered into his front, squeezing him as though your life depended on it.

Aizawa tipped your head up, scrutinizing you and committing everything to memory simultaneously. Fuck, he thought he lost you. You didn't seem to be injured but he had to ask, his worry for you eating away at him the longer he went without knowing. "Are you hurt?"

Relief and gratitude crashed over him when you shook your head.

Freezing, your eyes widened imperceptibly as he engulfed you in a bone-crushing hug so hard you couldn't breathe. "... Dad?"

Aizawa's only response to your muffled squeak was to hug you tighter, refusing to let you go even as Shinsou came up beside you and poked his shoulder to remind him that he was still here too.

A bleary-eyed Kaminari still in the process of regaining consciousness blinked lazily, staggering blindly in Jirou's direction even as she rushed towards him with a cry of relief. They caught each other, sinking to the floor as she tearfully checked him over.

Aizawa released you, pulling back just enough to frantically scan you up and down. Again. Sue him, he was your father and he just spent the majority of the night worrying about you and Shinsou. "You promise you're okay?"

You nodded your head rapidly, negating most of his concerns before they could even form. It was hard to talk with his hands cradling your face and squishing your cheeks, but you managed. "I'm fine, Dad. Toshi and I are okay, I promise."

"What the hell happened? You two weren't supposed to leave the house." He questioned relentlessly as he held you at arms length, eyes darting back and forth between you and your brother lightning fast.

"I don't know!! It all happened so fast—"

Before Aizawa knew it, a rapid flood of words tumbled out of your mouth in explanation. He caught bits and pieces. Something about you both seeing something go awry on your way home from the train and getting captured the second you went to check it out. But your kidnappers made the mistake of sticking the two of you together. From there, Shinsou easily brainwashed the guards and the two of you snuck out of the prison cell. It didn't take long for you to realize where you were and what was going on.

And once you did, there was no turning back.

After the subsequent panic attacks that followed that particular realization, you knew you couldn't abandon these kids down here and with no way to contact him or any other pro on the surface, you were alone. There was no choice to make.

Your plan was barely thought-through but your brother had your back. Thanks to the training Aizawa had been putting you both through one-on-one, your skills, at the very least, gave you a fighting chance. Together, you started taking out the guards as they made their rounds, each wave growing more and more frustrated when the others sent to find you guys failed to come back themselves.