Chapter 21: Settling In

It was late when you all got back to the dorms.

Kaminari lugged in your cot as Shoji carried the rest of the bags all by himself. You protested that you could do it, but the gentlemen had insisted.

Well, Shoji had.

Kaminari had been electrocuted by Jirou's jack after picking up the lightest thing as a joke.

You had giggled to yourself. It turned out the electric boy wasn't immune to electricity.

As soon as you stepped foot inside the vacant common area, you made your way upstairs into your empty room, letting Shoji and Kaminari know that they could leave your stuff anywhere. You still weren't sure how you wanted to set up your room.

The girls had split off, needing to complete some of their own things before tomorrow, not to mention, put away all the things they themselves had bought at the mall.

Yaoyorozu and Asui had surprised you along with the rest of the girls with a whole bunch of fancy room decorations. You hadn't seen all of it, but there were mirrors, wall stickers and paper cranes you could have hung down from the ceiling.

You had promised to wait until the next day to put them up so that they could help you. Though, it wasn't a hard decision. You couldn't even think of decorating your room without them since you had absolutely no idea what you were doing.

Shoji, Kaminari and Ojiro, who were lagging behind you with all of your things, set them down pretty quickly outside of your door and Shoji was in the middle of offering to help put together your bed for the night when Aizawa came in.

Leaving it in their teacher's capable hands as you flitted around the room, Shoji and Kaminari took their leave as you envisioned in your mind how you wanted it to look.

Ojiro had homework he still had to do as well as the others so Aizawa was the only one left to help you. He reluctantly left after giving you a hug goodnight, relishing the feeling of having you in his arms before he let go.

But not before he whispered that you could come find him if you had another nightmare. It would be easy since you lived on the same floor, just on opposite sides.

You nodded, thanking him. Not just for his offer but also what he did for you earlier. You were indebted to him, Kaminari, Jirou and Aizawa.

Ojiro just patted your head reassuringly, sending you that tender smile that gave you goosebumps and sent your heart rate accelerating.

Aizawa helped you put together the metal frame of the cot and then the two of you unfolded the large mattress pad Jirou had picked out as soon as Ojiro closed the door behind him. You placed your hands on your hips proudly when it was all done.

Already, your room looked so much more homely.

You hadn't bought a desk. Not only would it not fit in the van so that they could bring it back, but you preferred open space. If it was too cluttered, it would feel too cramped for you to move around in and that was the last thing you wanted.

You didn't say anything about it, but you were pretty sure Aizawa was hanging around and making sure you were okay as you put the finishing touches on your room for tonight. You didn't want to get too into it, having already planned on having the girls crash here tomorrow for a nap party after their classes were done.

"Do you need anything else?" Aizawa shuffled after you, following you around in a way that had you suppressing a giggle. "What about something to eat? Are you hungry?"

This time, you did laugh at his questions, truly touched. "Thank you, Aizawa-sensei, but I'm okay."

You shuffled into your new bed without changing, wanting nothing more than to curl up with the scents from Ojiro's hoodie and Aizawa's scarf after a long day.

Aizawa found himself by your bedside, tucking you in with the sherpa throw that Yaoyorozu had made with her quirk last minute when she saw that you didn't buy one.

"Goodnight, kid." He said softly, unable to resist patting you on the head.

"Goodnight, sensei." You yawned, inclining your head politely despite already being in bed. "Thank you."

He smiled to himself, turning off the light as he let you sleep in peace. There was nothing quite like seeing you wrapped up in his scarf as you slept the night awake.

Nothing quite like it at all.

True to their word, the girls had helped you with the task of decorating your room the very next day.

Fairy lights sparkled all around your room, bathing it in a soft glow when it was turned on. Butterfly mirrors were sprinkled across the wall opposite to where your bed was set up and there was a collage of mini picture frames that went along with the camera Asui had bought for you.

She thought that you would appreciate something that could capture the precious moments with all your new friends and hang them up on your wall once they were printed. You were touched.

Paper cranes hung from the ceiling at all different lengths but it didn't bother you since none of them came down to your head while walking, it didn't bother you.

Ojiro was another story entirely though, since when he visited you, he had to crouch down and mind his head everywhere he went but it was worth it to endure it and get to see your happy smile as you reached high above your head to bat at the origami.

After a full day of decorating with the girls, you were beat.

Uraraka had taught you how to best store your new clothes in the closet so that it took up the least amount of room and Jirou had been thrilled when you shyly asked her to teach you how to play the guitar.

No one complained when she sped out of the room to grab her instruments and the sleepover that followed in your room since the next day was their off day was the best experience you had with girls your age so far.

Ojiro hadn't even complained when Hagakure kicked him out so that you all could have fun, shaking his head and heading down the kitchen to grab something to eat.

Oh, he was definitely going to knock on your door later and check in on you.