Chapter 32: Gifts From the Heart (Part 2/2)

Seeing the expression on your face, his shoulders shook with laughter. Your eyes were shining in excitement at seeing his present as opposed to all the other ones that were much larger than his.

He strangely felt touched by it.

You placed it on the kitchen island, running your fingers over the velvet bow and pretty gift wrap. You almost didn't want to ruin it.

"Oh come on," Ashido squealed in frustration the longer you prolonged it and everyone else crowded around you. "Open it already!!"

You shot her a playful glare, taking your time despite the many groans that sounded around you as you carefully unwrapped the neatly decorated box. By the time you finally finished taking off all the wrapping paper, everyone, even Bakugou, was leaning forward in anticipation.

Taking off the lid so that it covered whatever was in the box from their prying eyes, even though there were several loud protests, your eyes widened as you saw what was nestled inside several layers of crinkled paper.

Reaching in eagerly, you pulled it out and held it up.

It was a lion plushie. A beautifully crafted, complete with whiskers and a fluffy mane, stuffed lion. And you already adored it.

There were some disappointed complaints that his present didn't live up to the hype they were expected to believe, but Ojiro didn't hear them, only having eyes for you. As they started to disperse throughout the living room, you couldn't tear your gaze from the cute lion.

"I seem to recall someone getting ahold of the giraffe in my room." Ojiro teased with a knowing smile. "You seemed to like to have something to hold onto at night, so I figured another stuffed animal couldn't hurt, right?"

Your ears swiveled happily as you heard him say that and you couldn't refrain from bouncing in place, tail swishing behind you.

"It was so long ago, I would've thought you had forgotten by now." You beamed, smiling from ear to ear as you tested out its squishiness. "Where in the world did you get this?! It's so plushy!!"

When he didn't answer you right away, you paused your shower of adoration over the beloved lion, tilting your head curiously at Ojiro, who was now bright red and mumbling something under his breath.

"Huh?" You squeaked, unsure if you really heard him right.

His throat bobbed as he swallowed, grinning at you sheepishly. "Well, it's just— The stores didn't really have any lions that looked cute enough when I took my sister to the mall and that's when she suggested making one for you."

Your jaw dropped to the floor.

"I remember you saying that you liked lions because... well, you said they reminded you of me so I really wanted to get you a lion." Ojiro continued, not noticing your reaction, too caught up in his rambling.

You had told him one night after playing with his tail to calm you down after you had a nightmare and he hadn't forgotten it since.

"Holly-chan helped me sew it, I got the materials from Aizawa-sensei and Shoji helped me attach the tail and the mane and everything else." He told you, pointing out all of the features that were carefully crafted together with the utmost love.

Your heart skipped a beat.

He hesitated, now picking up on the fact that you had yet to say anything. "Is... Do you like it?"

You would've punched him for his obliviousness if it weren't for the fact that you didn't want to let your lion go in order to do so. "Are you kidding?! I love it!!"