1 | Stoneheart, part 1

I groaned and rolled over in my bed, burying my head under the covers further and trying to fall back asleep. My eyebrows furrowed as my alarm continued to ring, and I begrudgingly reached out a hand to turn it off. Just as I closed my eyes to go back to sleep, someone started banging on my door.

"[Y/n]! Wake up before you're late for your first day!" My father called out to me from the other side of the door. I groaned as I sat up, letting the soft comforter fall and pool at my waist as I sat in the sunny room.

"Good morning, [Y/n]!" Ellie said in a cheerful voice as she sat up from the little pillow she laid on next to mine. She began flying around, getting ready for the morning. She had always enjoyed the morning and was always energetic, excited to start the day.

"Morning," I grumbled as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. I yawned and raised my arms above my head as I stretched, resisting the urge to lay back down. Glancing around my room, I saw the several boxes that were yet to be unpacked. Natural light lit up the room as sunlight streamed in through the window at the end of my bed, illuminating the white walls and hardwood floor.

Deciding it was finally time to get out of bed, I stood up and yawned once again. I made my bed that had [f/c] sheets and a white comforter on top. I then looked at the clock, remembering I had gotten up a bit earlier than usual. I heard Ellie eating a small cookie she found on my bedside table as I began getting ready.

My father and I had recently moved to Paris from our old town. It was hard to leave the old house behind, especially since it was where mom lived with us, but I knew it'd be an easier life for us if we moved to the city. Dad managed to score a better job here too.

"Are you excited?" Ellie asked, and I shrugged to show indifference. If anything, I was more nervous than excited. I could tell Ellie was excited to see other people, though. She had never gone to school with me since I found the Chameleon Miraculous after school ended for the summer.

"I guess," I answered as I began doing my normal morning routine. Ellie flew around with me as I picked out my usual clothes and did my hair. "What if people don't like me?"

"Why wouldn't they like you? You're awesome," Ellie complimented with a smile, which made a small grin appear on my face. She always radiates positivity, no matter the situation. Like when I slammed myself into a tree while trying to figure out how to use my whip, she'd tell me "at least you tried!" after I transformed back.

"I should've known you'd say that," I smiled at her as I stood in front of my mirror. The smile disappeared as I once again began to get nervous. "No, but really. People can be really mean. What if nobody likes me?"

I was always worried about how people perceived me. It had been an anxiety for me ever since I was young.

"You're going to do great, [Y/n]. Just be yourself!" Ellie encouraged, darting to infront of my [e/c] eyes. She looked at me with a stern look as she crossed her arms. "Don't be so negative."

"Right, don't be negative," I repeated to myself as I took a deep breath. Ellie nodded once before hiding in my clothes, and I made my way down to the first floor where the kitchen and living room were. My father was standing in the kitchen and was cooking eggs in a pan. A kettle was on the back burner. There was a plate with some toast waiting for me on the counter. "Morning dad."

"Good morning," he responded, but didn't turn around as he was trying not to burn the eggs. I sighed and began eating the toast after hopping on the stool. He finally finished cooking a moment later, putting the eggs on the plate and putting it in front of the stool beside me. "Excited for school?"

"Not necessarily," I answered honestly. He just smiled and sighed in response as he moved the now squealing kettle off the burner, pouring the water into two mugs that each held a tea bag. "School isn't very fun."