5 | Stormy Weather

I walked beside Alya as we ascended up the stairs. It was a nice day outside, and we were currently climbing the steps towards Marinette's apartment. I had wanted to stay home, since I was still exhausted from a late night akuma attack that happened las night, but Ellie convinced me to go enjoy the weekend.

"Can you tell me why we're going to Marinette's yet?" I questioned Alya. Said girl just smiled and shook her head as we made it to the landing.

"Nope, it's a surprise." We walked over and rang the doorbell, hearing some talking and clattering ensuing inside. The door swung open to reveal a tired looking Marinette, who quickly grew a smile once she saw me with Alya.

"Great, you're here. Now everything is set in motion," Marinette said with a smile. All of a sudden, she almost fell over. She looked down then back up at us with a sheepish expression.

"Now who's this?" Alya asked, looking down at Marinette's legs. There was a little girl standing between her knees, with brown pigtails and wearing purple overalls.

"Who're they?" The girl asked Marinette as she looked between Alya and I.

"This is Manon. She's my mom's friend's daughter. I got called to babysit kinda unexpectedly this morning," Marinette laughed shortly and rubbed the back of her neck. "Well, it's not going to stop our plans for today!"

"Can someone please fill me in? I'm lost," I spoke up. Alya and Marinette grinned at each other as Alya and I walked inside, then turned to me.

"So we overheard Adrien was having a photoshoot in the park today," Alya began, holding up her phone and showing me a picture of Adrien. He looks so good, as usual. "Sooo, we were going to get you to go to the park and say hi to him."

"Then he"ll wave back, then you'll go on a smoothie date together, then you'll start dating, then get married, and have lots of pet hamsters!" Marinette rambled on happily. Once she saw Alya and I trying not to laugh, she composed herself. "But, I can't go. I have to babysit Manon."

Manon suddenly ran out from under Marinette's legs and back into her apartment. I watched as she took out a bunch of pans and began clanging them together, wincing at the loud noise. She ran around, Marinette trying desperately to stop her as she continued to make a mess.

"Another favor you couldn't say no to?" I asked Marinette once she finally got Manon under control. She let out a sigh, and was about to argue, before realizing I was right. "You can be such a pushover sometimes."

"I'm an expert in dealing with 'angels', since I have to babysit my little sisters all the time," Alya said and glanced down. I looked down at Manon trying to get out of Mariette's hand, and she suddenly turned her big eyes to look at me.

"Who are they anyway?" Manon questioned with furrowed eyebrows. I looked over to Alya for her to speak instead of me, since she was the pro at babysitting ehre.

"I'm a mythical unicorn from the world of Reespa, disguised as a totally fabulous human girl!" Alya began. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit. Reespa? You know what, I'll just let her control this. Alya then booped Manon's nose. "I grant magical wishes, but only to little monkeys who behave."

The little girl laughed at that. "No you're not." She then blinked a couple times, trying to figure out whether Alya was telling the truth or not. "Are you?"

Alya then picked up Manon, swinging her around and putting her on Marinette's shoulders. Marinette grabbed onto her ankles as Alya tapped my nose. "To the park!"

"It's okay guys, we really don't have to if it causes Marinette trouble!" I said with a nervous smile, trying to find an excuse not to go since I was more anxious today than usual.