7 | The Pharaoh

A/N THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 800 READS!!!

~~~

Sitting on my chair in front of my desk, Ellie and I ate our cookies together. We were watching a video Alya had posted this morning on the Ladyfler.

"Don't blink now cause we are live from Paris! Yo peeps, it's Alya here, bringing you the one and only Ladyfler!" Alya's voice resounded through the speakers as she looked in the camera. She suddenly looked up, where Ladybug was flying by on a helicopter from an early morning incident we had to take care of the other day.

As Ladybug's momentary scream was picked up in the audio, an item fell from the sky. It was a history textbook, the same we used in our school.

"Ladybug in action! Hang on, we're going for a ride!" Alya walked forward, bent down and picked up the textbook. "This is no ordinary book! This is a tenth grade history textbook, and I should know because I've got this very same book. Could our very own Ladybug be a high school student in real life?"

The video then ended, and I clicked out of it. Finishing my cookie, I dusted off my hands, and pushed the plate ov remaining treats towards Ellie.

"You look happy," Ellie noted, flying down from the top of the monitor and sitting on the plate. There was a smile on my face.

"I am happy. What if Ladybug is a girl at my school? Maybe even a girl in my grade? What if we're already friends?" I continued firing off questions with a big smile on my face. Ellie just shook her head.

"You're overthinking."

"But what if I'm right?" I countered. Ellie smiled but jumped a second later when my phones started ringing right beside her, the ringtone loud and reverberating throughout the whole room. It was a video call from Marinette, and Ellie didn't bother to hide since the camera wouldn't be able to pick her up. "Hey."

"Hey. Ok so," she began and looked a bit nervous. "I found out some stuff about Camoufler and Ladybug at the new Pharoah exhibit at the Louvre! Yeah! So Alta and I were gonna go, and we wanted to know if you wanted to meet us there?"

"Really?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. She nodded enthusiastically, and I saw her leave her bakery in the background. I sent a quick glance to Ellie, who was falling asleep on the table. "Yeah, I'll be there soon."

Turning off my phone, I stood up and grabbed my bag. After packing the minimal things I'd need, which included a few cookies, I walked back over to my desk.

"Hey," I said and gently nudged the snoozing Kwami. She rolled over instead, making me sigh. I poked her softly one more time, and she opened her eyes. "We're going to the Louvre. You can sleep on the way, or you can stay awake and eat the cookies I made."

"Cookies?" She repeated, instantly awake. I smiled as she was now zooming into my bag, getting comfortable and beginning to eat some of the cookies I packed. I put a small cushion in there for her to sit on.

"Don't eat them all," I told her after making sure I had everything. I then left the house, locking it up behind me and running to the Louvre.

Marinette and Alya were waiting outside for me, Alya tapping away on her phone with a big smile on her face as Marinette watched a pigeon fly by overhead.

"Hey guys!" I called out and waved as I arrived. Alya immediately turned off her phone, shoving it in her back pocket as Marinette was now paying attention.

"Can you believe it? All I have to do is figure out who this history book belongs to, then bam! I've figured out Ladybug's true identity!" Alya exclaimed excitedly. I internally thanked myself for not bringing any of my belongings when Ladybug, Chat and I were taking care of that helicopter. "I'm so on this one!"