15 | Darkblade

A/N: It's been a while!! I hope everyone's doing well!!! Sorry it's been so long, but enjoy the chapter!

-Lorelai

~~~

Sitting in class, I was proud of myself for actually being on time today. It had been a close call, given there was an akuma incident this morning, but I still ended up making it on time.

"Chloe is running for class representative this year, and Sabrina will be her deputy. Do we have any other candidates?" Miss Bustier told the class. I was bored, doodling mindlessly on a piece of paper. Looking up, I noticed Chloe and Sabrina glaring at Kim behind me. "Yes, Kim?"

"Uh, nothing," Kim mumbled. The door then opened, Marinette rushing into class late.

"Hi! I'm sorry, I uh, the bus! Uh," Marinette then began coughing in the middle of the sentence as she hurried to her seat across the aisle from me, "dry throat!"

"I'm surprised you were on time today," Alix said to me.

"And I'm surprised you're awake," I fired back, and she stuck her tongue out at me. I stuck mine out back.

"Alright. I'll give all of you until the end of lunch to decide if you're a candidate," Miss Bustier told the class as the bell rang, dismissing us to lunch. I quickly grabbed my things, joining Marinette and Alya outside in the courtyard as we spent our lunch break at the school.

Lunch went by with Marinette asking everyone why they weren't running, to which they gave the various threats Chloe had dished out to everyone. When she was asked by Alix why she wasn't running, she claimed it was because she was too busy.

"The only thing you're too busy doing is sleeping in," I teased Marinette as we walked back into the classroom. Alya laughed as she ruffled my hair.

"Like you're one to talk. You're still in the single digits for making it to class on time," she remarked, making me frown as we slipped back into our seats.

"Do we have any new candidates who'd like to run against Chloe and Sabrina?" Miss Bustier asked once everyone was back in their seats. The class was silent as anyone who wanted to run was averting their eyes, not wanting Chloe to follow through on her threats. "Given that Chloe and Sabrina are the only candidates, there's no point in voting. So, Chloe and Sabrina-"

"I'll run!" Marinette suddenly shouted, surprising many of our classmates. She then pointed at me. "And [Y/n] will be my deputy!"

"Wonderful. You'll need to develop your campaign, and have a speech ready by tomorrow for us to vote."

As soona s class was over, Marinette hurried out of the classroom. I ran after her as Alya followed me down to where she was sitting on a bench. I stopped with my hands on my hips;

"Marinette!"

"I'm sorry! I did it on a whim and thought you'd be okay with being the deputy," Marinette apologized sheepishly. I smiled after a moment.

"It's okay, but ask next time," I told her. "I'm a busy girl, you know."

"Yeah, busy missing class," Alya commented from beside me, making me grumble under my breath. "Moving on, Marinette, let's hear the scoop on your campaign. How are you gonna represent?"

"Represent?" Marinette echoed, now at a loss. "I have no idea! I still can't believe I raised my hand."

"To be honest, I wasn't expecting it either," I said and sat criss crossed on the bench.

"Way to go Marinette!" Rose spoke as she came up to the three of us with a couple others. "You spoke from the heart. It was truly authentic."

Marinette gasped in surprise before answering, "oh.. thanks."