6 | Copycat

A/N: So this chapter is different from the episode itself. I don't really see it in [Y/n]'s character to go into Adrien's locker and steal his phone. I also don't want [Y/n] to just take the role of Marinette in the episodes and be exactly like her. So I changed some stuff.

Also, this chapter is much longer than I thought it'd be. Enjoy though!

-Lorelai

~~~

"Are you ever going to ask him out?"

I nearly dropped the tray of cookies I was holding when Ellie suddenly changed the topic. She was eating some cookie dough I had set aside for her, sitting on the counter as she waited for me to finish baking.

"Excuse you, yes I will. Maybe," I muttered the last part to myself. Ellie sighed.

"You can fight baddies, be a superhero, and talk to reporters when they ask you questions but you can't ask the boy you like on a date?" Ellie countered. I turned around with an open mouth.

"Since when are you straightforward?!" I hollered as I closed the oven door. She just laughed as I let out a huff, but I ended up smiling alongside her anyways. I put down the cookies on the stove, and cleared out cooling racks for the new batch. "The thing is, I'm not sure what I want to do."

"What do you mean by that?" Ellie asked, still eating raw cookie dough. I sighed and smiled, making sure I was facing away from her as I placed the cookies in another container.

"I don't know what to do," I answered simply. "I'm still trying to figure a lot of stuff out."

"Like?" Ellie pressed on, flying in front of me. I averted my eyes away from her, and she narrowed her eyes. I just sealed the lid of the container, remaining silent. "[Y/n]!"

"I think I might also like C-" The doorbell rang all of a sudden, scaring the crap out of me and cutting me off mid sentence. I turned to the green Kwami after placing her empty cookie dough bowl in the sink. "Hide Ellie!"

"We'll be continuing this conversation later!" She told me before flying into her hiding spot. I laughed nervously as I ran over to the door. Checking out the peephole, I opened it to reveal Alya and Marinette.

"Oh, hey guys," I greeted them, then held the door open. "What're you doing here?"

"Well, we came up with a plan," Alya began as they walked in. I closed and locked the door behind them, and we walked up to my room. "It smells good in here."

"I just made cookies," I answered as I pushed open the door to my room. I pulled the wheely chair out from my desk and sat on it while Marinette sat on the bed, Alya standing beside me. "So, what's this polan?"

"You're going to call Adrien and ask him out on a movie date!" Marinette exclaimed with a smile. I felt my face heat up at that.

"What? I don't have the confidence for that! No way!" I shouted back, burying my face in my hands. Alya and Marinette giggled, and I looked up when I felt Alya's hand on my shoulder.

"Relax, girl. You've got this. It's not like you stutter and can't get out a sentence everytime you talk to him," she said, Marinette nodding. Marinette then handed me her phone, which had Adrien's number as a contact.

"Here. We'll be here for the whole thing," she told me. I took a deep inhale, then took the phone from her. She squealed loudly. "The day has finally come!"

"You've got this!" Alya cheered on, taking a seat beside Marinette. I smiled warily at them, but put the number in my phone nonetheless.. I took another breath, then hit call. "It's happening!"