4 | Mr. Pigeon

A/N: Thank you so so much for 200 reads !!!!

~~~

Marinette paced in a panicked state in front of Alya and I as we sat on a bench in the school's open courtyard. We were assigned projects to create a design and final product, and Gabriel Agreste would be the final judge. Marinette was evidently excited, since this was her forte, but also clearly nervous.

"Derby hat? Derby hat?! I don't have any derby hat design!" She exclaimed as she flipped through her design book. "I've got top hats, caps, two-horned hats. Need a beret? I'm your girl. A sombrero? No problemo! But a derby?"

Marinette then turned away from the two of us, rambling anxiously to herself. Alya and I shared a glance. She then ran over to us, dropping onto her knees and laying her head on my knees as she finished her panicked rambling. I pay her head to comfort her.

"All this over a derby hat? Let us see your sketch pad, girl," Alya spoke. Marinette handed me the sketchbook and stood back up. I began flipping through the numerous designs.

"There has to be something in here," I said as the three of us looked at the pages.

"Forget it. I'm a disaster and I'll probably fail everything in the end," Marinette sighed and pulled her knees to her chest. Alya continued looking over my shoulder as we looked at the endless designs and sketches.

"Wow [Y/n]! Those are some awesome designs," Adrien's voice appeared out of nowhere. I almost jumped in my seat as I looked up, seeing him leaning against the wall as his shadow loomed over the book. "I didn't know you had such good skills."

"Ah, thanks, but these aren't mine, actually. All the credit goes to Marinette." I gestured behind me to the said blue haired girl, who looked up from her knees and wiped the sad expression off her face.

"You're super talented, Marinette. You've got a good chance of winning," Adrien told her with a smile, to which Alya and I nodded in agreement. She smiled brightly at him.

"Thanks, Adrien," she thanked him. She seemed a bit more confident than earlier.

"Of course. Good luck, maybe I'll be wearing your hat at my father's next photoshoot." Adrien then left, sending us a wave. We watched him leave before turning to Marinette. Alya and I each took one shoulder in a hand and started shaking her excitedly.

"Marinette! He thinks you could win!" I exclaimed. Marinette's smile didn't drop, her confidence continuing to rise after hearing that the son of the judge himself thought she could win. I then looked down to my phone. "Nine hours and counting."

"Yikes! I'm off to my secret garden of inspiration, I'll see you guys later!" Marinette shouted before hurrying off with her sketch pad, exiting the school area and heading off somewhere. She ran into a wall on the way, but she made it out eventually.

I sat back down on the bench beside Alya, stretching my arms above my head. I looked through my bag, taking out a bag of chips. We talked for a moment, but when I turned back around to grab something from my bag, something on the ground caught my eyes.

"Oh crap. Marinette forgot her homework," I said as I snatched the packet of papers from the ground. The various pages of math problems only had a couple of pages filled out with answers, the rest blank. "It must have dropped out of her bag." I slung my bag over my shoulder. "I'll go bring it to her. See ya."

"Later!" She called after me.

I ran out of the school, heading towards the Trocadéro, where Marinette should be. She had told me a little while back that was where she went when she needed some inspiration, so when she said "secret garden of inspiration", I assumed that's where she meant.