12 | Dark Cupid

"In most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess. Can anyone tell us why?" Miss Bustier questioned as she leaned against her desk at the front of the classroom. I sat at my seat, doodling on a piece of paper rather than writing down notes.

"Because only love can conquer hate" Rose answered in a sing-song voice from two rows behind me.

"Correct, Rose."

"Technically speaking, this is only true in 87% of cases," Max added on.

"Thank you Max," Miss Bustier interrupted before Max could get too carried away. "Adrien, I hope that your writing has to do with my lesson."

Glancing up from my notebook full of doodle, I looked to the female teacher now walking towards Adrien's desk. I was surprised she hadn't called me out for doodling, but didn't ponder on the matter anymore as Adrien was still writing something on a piece of paper.

"Can you tell me what I just said?"

"In most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess because only love conquers hate," Adrien answered quickly and in a monotone just as the bell rang.

"Very good. Now everyone, don't forget to finish Sleeping Beauty tonight. And happy Valentine's Day!" Miss BUstier reminded us as people began filing out of the classroom. Packing up my things, I was about to leave when I felt Marinette grab onto my hand. Looking at her, I saw her hanging back while everyone left, including Adrien after he threw away his paper.

"What?" I questioned, but she was silent as she pulled me forward to the front of the classroom. After making sure everyone was gone, Marientte reached into the trash can and pulled out the paper Adrien had thrown away. "Wait, what are you doing?"

"Well well, Marinette. Looking for something to eat?" Chloe remarked from the door. I rolled my eyes.

"Or maybe, looking for something better to wear," Sarbina added on. The two then smiled before running off.

"How annoying," I grumbled. Marinette rolled her eyes.

"I managed to get a look at Adrien's paper he was writing," she explained as she uncrumpled the paper ball. "It looks like he was writing a poem about you."

"What? No way, I donut it," I dismissed with a smile. I looked away, but quickly couldn't resist as I leaned over to look at the paper. "Just to make sure, let's see what it says."

Your [h/c] hair is soft as silk, the sky reflected in your dazzling [e/c] eyes. I wonder who you are beneath that strong disguise. Everyday we see each other, and I just wish to make you mine. Together, our love could soar above the rest. Will you be my Valentine?

"Now that's a love poem," Marinette remarked as she scanned the poem over again.

"Who could he be talking about?" I wondered as I read it again. A smile appeared on her face.

"Um, you!" Marinette decided with a smile.

"What? Me? No way," I laughed dismissively. "There are plenty of other girls at the school with [e/c] eyes and [h/c] hair." She gave me a disapproving look, and I sighed. "Ok ok. Well then, what does he mean by strong disguise?"

"It's poetry! It means you're writing from deep in your heart, [Y/n]. He wants to get to know you! He's talking about you!" Marinette exclaimed excitedly. "Ah, true romance!"

"Let's not go that far," I smiled shakily with a hot face. She just squealed and grabbed onto my hand, dragging me out of the classroom. We went down to the courtyard and walked out of the school with Alya, who had been waiting for me. Marinette had a bubbly smile on her face.