14 | Horrificator

"Cut!" Nino called frustratedly after Mylene screamed and hid under the table again. I stood between Marinette and Alya as I held a script, trying to keep in a sigh. This was not the first time this had happened. "Mylene, that's like the 10th take, and we're only on the first scene."

"14th, actually, but who's counting?" Alix chimed in from a few rows up in the seats of the classroom, only fueling Nino's irritation more.

"I'm sorry," Mylene apologized. "I'm going to do better on the next take, I promise."

"You're playing a hero from the special forces. You're not supposed to get all freaked out," Nino sighed.

We were creating a short film for s short film festival being held here in Paris. Mylene and Adrien were playing the brave protagonists. The only problem was that Mylene was scared of the antagonist, the monster, being played by Ivan.

"I know but that monster mask he's wearing is so realistic and scary," Mylene insisted.

"Just big old me, Mylene. Nothing to be scared of," Ivan reminded her, holding up the mask.

"If you ask me, he doesn't even need a mask!" Chloe rudely remarked from her seat, her and Sabrina bursting into laughter. I rolled my eyes.

"What a brat," I murmured.

"No kidding," Marinette agreed from my left, Alya nodding on my right.

"I'van, put the mask back on. You're playing a monster," Nino told Ivan at the front desk, then turned to Mylene. He was the director and camera man, and he was very frustrated. "And Mylene, we need you to stay in character."

Ivan put his mask back on, the pink fabric covering his face. Mylene then said something quietly about how she needed to sing her song to make herself feel better, then began singing quietly to herself and backing up. As she walked, she bumped into Adrien, who was getting his makeup done by Juleka. A scream followed shortly after from Mylene.

"And the Oscar for best, pathetic scarcity cat afraid of its own shadow goes to Mylene!" Chloe cackled.

"Chloe, be quiet," I interrupted her cackling, and she sent me a galre. "That wasn't necessary."

"Chloe, seriously?" Adrien added on as Mylene whimpered in front of him.

"Yeah, so what?" Chloe replied, seemingly not caring that even Adrien seemed frustrated with her. Mylene's lip wobbled as she then ran out of the room, leaving everyone to watch as she ran out and began crying.

"Mylene!" I called out as she ran out, but she ignored me. I turned back to the classroom. "Ivan, can you go get her? She's most likely to listen to you."

"Mylene!" Ivan called out as he left the classroom and went in the same direction as Mylene went.

"Epic, Chloe, just epic!" Nino said frustratedly as I walked back into the classroom, sighing as I stood back in my spot. "What are we supposed to do without our lead actress?"

"Who needs her anyway? She was totally lame," Chloe dismissed the matter with a wave, only making me more annoyed.

"You're lame! Mylene is crying her eyes out in the bathroom thanks to you!" Ivan entered the classroom again, angry.

"Me? Lame?"

"Okay guys, let's all calm down, all right?" I interjected before the argument could escalate any further. I walked up to Ivan. "You're right. I agree; Chloe is lame. But fighting won't bring Myelen back. I'm assistant director, and I'll do everything in my power to help finish filming tonight."