18 | Tikki and Ellie

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were here!" I began apologizing profusely once the initial shock had settled over. I closed my eyes, covering them with my hands. "I promise I don't know you're Marinette!"

"You just said her name again," Ellie chirped from beside me as she flipped on the light switch, and I lowered my hands as I sent her a glare. I glanced back to Marinette, who had her red and black Kwami floating beside her. "Tikki!"

"Ellie! It's been so long!" The two Kwamis immediately flew right to each other, engulfing each other in a hug. Marinette and I looked at each other, still in a state of shock.

"I can't believe you're Camoufler," Marinette breathed as she looked at me, utterly flabbergasted. I averted eye contact, looking down at the ground.

"I'm sorry if you're disappointed," I mumbled, shuffling my bracelet around my wrist as I avoided looking at her. The two Kwamis were chatting animatedly to themselves, enjoying having been reunited. "You were probably expecting someone super awesome."

Marinette moved forward, wrapping her arms around me tightly. I hugged her back, a small smile on my face.

"Are you kidding? Who better to fight villains with than my best friend? Who is super uberly talented and amazing, may I add," Marinette told me as she hugged me tightly. When she pulled away, she was beaming. "I can't believe it's been you this whole time. Do you know who Chat Noir is?"

"No idea. I was sorta hoping you knew," I sighed. I then gasped as I turned to Ellie. "Does this mean I have to get rid of my Miraculous?"

"I really don't want to give away mine! Please, Tikki, let me keep it!" Marinette begged her red and black Kwami. She had big blue eyes, a lot like Ellie, and had two antennae.

"Miraculous holders are supposed to give back their Miraculouses to the Guardian if they tell each other their identities," Tikki said, making both Marinette and I frown. "But, you didn't tell each other."

"Exactly! You accidentally revealed yourselves, which is different," Ellie beamed. She then turned to Tikki. "Is Master here? It's been so long since I've seen him."

"Yup. He's here in Paris," TIkki smiled at Ellie, who looked like she was about to cry from joy. "We're all here, except for the butterfly and peacock Miraculous. They're lost, just like you were."

"You had a lost Miraculous?" Marinette turned to me in surprise. I nodded.

"I found the Chameleon Miraculous before I moved to Paris. It was in a forest behind my house, stuck under a rock in a creek," I explained to Marinette.

"I'm from the same place as TIkki and Plagg," Ellie told us. I tilted my head at the name Plagg, Marinette looking confused as well. "The Cat Miraculous."

"What's he like?" Marinette asked. Tikki giggled as Ellie looked like she was about to start another rant.

"He's as flirty as Chat Noir, but three times worse! You would have to meet him to understand how truly awful it is. And, last time I talked to him, he was obsessed with cheese. Cheese! Who the heck likes gross and stinky cheese that much?!" Ellie ranted. She then huffed and crossed her arms. "Last time I talked to him, he said he wanted to get married to Camembert."

"That's a bit weird," I laughed a bit and turned to Marinette. "What does your Kwami eat? Mine's obsessed with chocolate chip cookies."

"I am not obsessed!"

"The fact we go shopping every week for more ingredients begs to differ."

"I like macaroons!" Tikki answered with a big smile as she spun in a circle. "They're so tasty, and Marinette's the best baker ever."

"Aw, Tikki, you're so nice," Marinette said with a faint dust of pink on her cheeks. I snapped my fingers as I thought of something. "What?"

"I understand why you didn't want to be around Chloe dyring Evillustrator now!" I said, feeling quite proud of myself for figuring that out. Marinette nodded, her face wincing a bit as she remembered the incident. "I didn't want to be around her either. God, she's insufferable."

"Let's continue this conversation in somewhere that's not an, um, storage closet," Marinette suggested, and I nodded as we left. I flipped the switch as both of our Kwamis went into hiding in our bags. Closing the door behind us, we began to go downstairs. "I still can't believe you're... you know."

"Yeah, it's pretty hard to believe you're... you know," I avoided saying Ladybug as Marinette and I exited onto the street. "I'll always remember how timid you were that first day-"

"Oh my gosh, never bring that up again!" Marinette groaned, burying her face in her hands as her face turned red. I had to grab her arm to prevent her from running into a lamppost since she wasn't looking at where she was going.

"Well, if you let me finish, I was going to say I'll always remember how timid you were that first day, but it's amazing to see how much confidence you've gained since then," I smiled at her. She looked up from her hands, looked at me blankly for a second, then beamed a smile.

"You've changed too. I mean, you've always been good at this, but you've gotten better as time went on too." I smiled softly as Marinette talked, my face heating up at the compliments. "Oh, and now look at it. The superhero Chat Noir has a crush on [Y/n] [L/n]. Looks like Adrien's got some competition."

"As if," I retorted with a scoff, but then doubted my own words. Marinette looked at me skeptically.

"Oh my gosh, do you like them both?" She squealed. I shushed her, even though there was practically no one around as we neared her bakery.

"I don't know, okay? I am just confused with it all. I really like Adrien, but Chat Noir is making me all confused," I mumbled at the end, and Marinette began giggling like a madman. "Cut it out!"

"Ooh, [Y/n]'s in a love triangle~," she sang, and I glared at her as we entered the bakery. "Just kidding. Let's make a cake."

"What kind?"

"Cat shaped, for your boyfriend-"

I nudged her to cut her off, my face heating up profusely. She laughed, and I ended up laughing as well.