{55}

Y/n's POV

"Of course I came. I could never leave you behind." They smiled at me, hugging me once more before it was time to get serious again.

"We get Teddy, he's two floors up, then we leave via the roof, shoot enemies, stay alive, got it?" I asked, handing them some weapons as Panda and Kryoz entered the room, taking off their backpacks and handing them to the twins, who quickly opened them and put on the gear that was inside.

"Let's go." I say, adjusting my facial coverings and turning to exit. We all walk out of the room, noticing that we were starting to get cornered back into a wall.

"Shit." I mutter, hoisting up my gun to help ease the load of people pushing in on us.

"ALPHA! THERES TOO MANY!" I hear Smitty yell through the com.

"EVERYONE FALL BACK ON ME AND TAKE COVER! NOW!" I yelled into the piece, waving a hand in the air from behind my cover so they would get the gist and get behind me.

Once I was sure all of us were far enough back, I let my gun hang off my shoulder and grabbed two grenades from my utility belt. I put both picks in my mouth, holding down the fuses as I ripped them out and stood for a split second, tossing them into the enemy crowds.

"GET DOWN!" I yelled, covering my head and ears as I ducked back down behind my crates of shelter. Two loud explosions rang through my ears, very shortly followed by the sound of shrapnel ricocheting off the walls.

I glanced up, noticing the crowd was now a quarter of what it was before. I let out a small sigh of relief, taking a glance behind me where everyone was behind other crates and objects to protect themselves.

I caught the attention of someone, picking up my gun and cocking it. They nodded, understanding what I meant and took aim. The two of us began gunning down the rest of the crowd. The others picked up on what we were doing and followed.

Soon, the other side of the room was just a pile of corpses. I dropped down flat on my butt, taking a breath and regaining my composure, letting the adrenaline slowly diminish.

A foot stepped into my field of vision, causing me me to look up. I didn't know exactly who it was. He offered me a hand, pulling me to my feet.

"Quick thinking. Still no sign of Liz though." He praised, patting my helmet.

I laughed, recognizing his voice immediately and giving him a slight nod. "Thanks Ohm, she's around here somewhere." He puts his hand on my back, leading me towards the rest of the group.

"Alright, through this door, we have to climb three flights of stairs, stay on alert, they'll be everywhere." Wildcat says, taking the lead. He pushes open the door a crack, peeking in with his gun first. He nods after a few moments and pushes through, all of us following behind him.

Wildcat continues up until we get to the 3rd floor, where he quickly checks the hallway and then holds the door open for us to enter.

Lui, who was directly behind Tyler, quickly stepped up, walking into the hallway only to be stopped half way by a wire on the floor.

A tripwire.

Cubbies in the walls opened up, revealing automated guns. "Lui! GET DOWN!" Jamilyne, who was right behind him, yells, trying to grab him, only to be cut off by the bullets and fall on her back.

"GAMMA!" I yell, starting to reach for her but being held back from meeting the same fate.

"I'm sorry, I can't let you do that, N/n." Jon whispers in my ear, holding me tightly against him.