Fred x reader

I leave my office for the day not really wanting to come back tomorrow. I'm not a muggle if you're wondering. I'm a pureblood Y/H. I didn't have the same views of my house in Hogwarts nor my parents. I left the wizarding world 3 years ago. Right after the wizarding war. It was too much for me at the time, so many people got injured and I couldn't deal with it. My best friend- well past best friend Fred Weasley. He was the only thing keeping me from leaving. But I bet he doesn't even notice I'm gone. We got into a fight right before the war, during the war I saved him from a wall that was about to crumble on him, before he could say anything I kissed him and apologized, then I ran off to afraid of what might happen next. I know he's alive, George gives me updates everytime we owl. I still talk to George. I have ever since I left. All my friends are back in the wizarding world and I'm here in the muggle world. I hate it if I'm being honest. Muggles are rude, when they bump into me they don't even apologize. There's the few good ones whom I made friends with but won't tell them about my secret. My friends in the wizarding world don't know I'm here. Only George does. I left the second we won to afraid that Fred or any of my friends died. But George has said that they're all fine but just worried about me.I get in my car and start the drive back to my apartment. It's the same routine, wake up, drive, work, drive, sleep, and repeat. I hate it, I want to go back to the wizarding world, but I can't just show up. Three years is a long time you may think. But it's gone by quickly. I've changed a lot. I don't just wear sweatpants anymore. I wear skirts with cashmere sweaters, with my wand in my skirt so I can access it more easily. I decided to not just go to my apartment and do the same bullshit over again, I drive not really caring where I go. I leave the city and go to the outskirts where the country folk are. They are much nicer muggles than city folk. I get out and walk in the field of Nemophila flowers admiring the blueness of their petals. I face away from my car and towards the sun that is slowly leaving the horizon so take a rest and come back tomorrow. I suddenly hear a pop and don't bother looking as I think it was George as he did it a few times when he missed me too much. What I didn't know was that Fred Weasley was standing in front of my car looking puzzled at the y/c/c (your color car) he looks inside to not see you in it. George had let it slip only 2 minutes before that you were alive and in the muggle world. He thought of you and apparated. And pop there he was. He turns his head as he hears a sigh. His cheeks go red and his heart starts racing, secretly cursing himself for getting this excited still after three years. He imagined the kiss over and over again, relieved that you didn't die and he could confess his love for you. He walks over to you and stands a few feet behind you. "Hello Georgie." You said. He freezes as he thinks "How long have you been seeing George and not him?" He clears his throat and you turn around. For Fred when you said his twin brother's name he still thought after all these years your voice is even more angelic. Everything goes slow and he sees you turn around slowly taking in your appearance. You have changed a lot since he last saw you. Back at Hogwarts you would wear sweatpants and hoodies every chance you got. But you looked completely different. Your dyed hair with the cashmere sweater and short plaid skirt. You freeze and sigh turning back around. He blinks a few times before speaking "It's me love, It's Fred.."
"I know, I can tell you too apart, you know?"
"Why'd you leave me love?"
"I couldn't handle you dying or any of my friends. I don't belong there, I'm here to find love or something to fill this empty gap in me.."
"I'm sorry darling" Your heart still flutters when he calls you the little nicknames.
"Please come back with me, we all miss you, we all thought you were dead, everyone obviously except George, he's a git for not telling me."
"Don't be mad at him, I told him to keep it a secret" You say your back still turned watching the sunset.
"I love you.." I freeze again, then let out another sigh
"No you don't, I'm your best friend who left three years ago, you don't know how you feel."
"Don't tell me what I feel for you, because everytime you're going to be wrong."
"Go home Fred."
"No, you kissed me before you left."
"Lapse of judgment." You turned your head and saw a flash of hurt go across his face.
"Not that kind Freddie" Fully turned looking at him.
"I will never regret kissing you, I never regret loving you, I don't regret still loving you after all these years."
"You still love me?"
"..Yes" He walks over and takes my hand. I look up and start crying. He grabs my hand and pulls me in for a hug, I cry into his shoulder chanting sorry over and over again. I stop crying after 10 minutes and he kisses me. I kiss back missing that cinnamon taste on his lips. He takes my hand and leads me back to my car. "I'm going to apparate home and get George." He apparates before I can protest and after a few minutes comes back after a few minutes.
"I can't apparate back." I laugh and take him to the car. "How about we drive to the burrow?"
He nods his head up and down really fast. You giggle a long lost sound he loves. He sits in the passenger seat and you in the driver's seat. After a few hours and it getting pitch black, we both arrive at the burrow tired and hungry. We get out and I run into his arms again missing the feeling of his arms still buff from his quidditch years. He holds me and kisses me until we decide to go inside. I walk in the door and I get bombarded with all 7 weasleys some laughing some crying all missing me. After a few minutes of hugging you explain you needed to get some space as they all accept that. George is happy to see you the happiest he's seen you in 4 years with Fred of course. You all sit down and eat while you and Aurther Weasley talk and laugh about the questionable behavior of muggles. After cleaning up and saying goodnight to them all Fred drags you to his shared bedroom with George not letting you go back to your apartment. You laugh as you both collide on top of the bed, you get up and start to head to Ginny's room to
ask for some pj's until Fred gives you a pair of his boxers and a shirt and winks. Your face turns red and you go to the bathroom and change your clothes. You come back in and see Fred staring up at the ceiling, the door creaks signaling you're done changing, he looks at you and his face turns red "Bloody hell you look so gorgeous love." You blush "Thank you." You get under the covers and wrap your arms around Fred and intertwine your legs drifting off to a peaceful sleep you hear a "No snogging." not so silently whispered George. Fred shushes him and kisses me on the head "I love you y/n" you mumble a "Love you to Freddie" but that's the thing. You knew you loved him. He knew it. Everyone knew it. You were his and he is yours. He is like a drug you could never get rid of, and you didn't want to. He was addictive. And you loved it.His perfect cinnamon lips will forever be yours.
Thank you guys so much for 706 Reads!!! Thank you so muchhhhh!!! I love the weasley twins so much ugh--
This was requested by mello_marshmallow

1443 Words
Until the next one
~Mischief Managed~