Chapter 37 - Forgiveness

Liam's POV

I drove Cheryl and the boys to the hospital Harry was brought to. The poor girl looked terrible as if she'd been crying all day long, and I felt horrible for her. I also felt horrible for Harry, and I just hoped he was going to be alright.

When we got to the hospital, we all ran inside with panic, Cheryl leading us with Darcy in her baby carrier, "Harry Styles! I'm looking for Harry Styles!" She yelled like a mad man as the woman behind the counter just stared at her. She recognized us and nodded.

"Room 307. Only one person at a time in his room. He just woke up so be careful with him."

I thanked the woman before we all scampered down several hallways, looking for his room number. I guess Cheryl knew this hospital pretty well because it didn't take any time at all to find his room. "You go on in Cheryl." I forced a smile, attempting to make her feel the slightest bit better.

Cheryl's POV

"Harry?" My voice croaked as I examined his bruised face. He peered at me through his emerald-green eyes, seeming a bit groggy from his pain medicine.

He groaned as I neared him, setting Darcy down on one of the chairs. "Cheryl?" He asked in a raspy tone, unsure of who I was.

"Yes, it's me." I smiled through my tears as I chained my fingers to his frail hand that was hooked up to an IV. I felt so guilty. It was all my fault.

"I-I'm sorry if I did something to hurt you," He apologized as I shook my head. He shouldn't be the one apologizing.

"No, Harry. You didn't do anything. It's my fault. I'm the one who did this to you, and I am so sorry." I started weeping right there, and the room became silent. He kept his weak gaze on me, suddenly caressing my cheek with his other hand that was free from my grasp.

"Don't cry, love." Harry smiled at me through his stiff, swollen lips. He was really injured, but at least there wasn't any broken bones or eternal injuries. "It doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm here with you. And as long as I'm still here, everything will be okay."

I seriously screwed up. He was so sweet and caring, how could I just push him away like I did earlier? I should've just told him about my grandmother passing and none of this would've happened. Why did I have to be such an idiot?

All of a sudden we heard Darcy coo, probably from the voice of her father's. I smiled as Harry dried my tears with his thumb. "I love you Harry."

"I love you more, babe. C'mere." He opened his arms up so that I could join him on the hospital bed. I gave him a look, but he gestured me again.

"Harry, I don't think there's enough room for two people," I giggled with a sniff and tried to snuggle up to him. He chuckled lowly the way he usually did and started scooting over a little.

"We'll fit just fine," He pecked my forehead with his dry lips, and I rested my head in the middle of his chest. "Now, do you want to tell me what was wrong earlier?"

I sighed, preparing myself to tell him everything. "My grandmother passed away, and we were really close. And I'm so sorry that I made you leave. You being here is all my fault, and if you wouldn't have left, you would—" I tried to say, but Harry shushed me with his index finger pressing against my lips.

"It's alright, love." Harry comforted me with his warming words. "I thought that I did something wrong to hurt you."

"No, baby. I was feeling really sorry for myself, and I just didn't want to be consoled. I should've let you help me. You always know how to make me feel better." I planted a kiss into his squishy, dimpled cheek.

"That's a relief," He chuckled again, and suddenly in came all the rest of the boys.

"The doctor said we could come in," Louis glanced at me and then to Harry. "How are you feeling Haz?"

They surrounded the bed as Harry smiled up at each and every one of the lads. "Never felt better." He joked as we all shared a hearty laugh. "My doctor said I could leave in a couple of hours or whenever I'm ready to leave, and honestly I'm ready to leave now."

"Well, maybe we can get you a wheel chair, and wheel you outta here," Niall suggested with a little giggle that followed, and it really wasn't a bad idea.

Harry's POV

"Sounds good to me," I laughed and sat up. Cheryl stood up from the hospital bed and let me have some room in the bed. I pressed the "call" button; which alerted my doctor.

"Look at you. Already recovering quickly," My doctor greeted me with a warm smile as I nodded in agreement. "That means you get to go home soon."

"Yeah, we were actually just talking about that." I admitted. I was clearly ready to go home, mostly because I hated hospitals. I wasn't quite sure I was ready to leave though, but I was going to try.

"I'll go get your clothes, keys, and wheel chair so you won't have to walk." He nodded, and I thanked him as he left. Once he brought me my belongings, the lads went out of the room so I could get changed. Cheryl had to help me even though I didn't want her to, but I also didn't want to fall and have to stay the night here.

She smirked at me as she wheeled me out of the room. "All ready to go?" She asked as she handed me Darcy who was fast asleep in her baby carrier. I smiled down at Darcy and stroked her cheek.

"You know it," I teased as the mates followed us through the exit of the hospital. I was just glad to get out of that hospital. I knew that it wasn't the last trip there, but hopefully it would be the last for a while.

Cheryl showed me great forgiveness today, and that's all I could ever ask for from her. It was one of the keys to a wonderful relationship that we were about to begin, hand-in-hand during marriage, and I couldn't be more happier with anyone else. I knew that I'd chosen right.

* * * *

A/N: Hey babes! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, go ahead and vote and comment for me. Thank you all for getting me this far! I love you all so much! You guys are amazing. xo