Chapter 31 - Sugar

Harry's POV

A couple days went by, and Louis, Niall and I were all in the room with Cheryl. I was allowed to bring my baby girl home now, but I wasn't going to do that without Cheryl—for now my baby girl was with me in the hospital room. Anyway, I haven't cried since Cheryl made the promise, and today I was just feeling really happy. I had no idea why, but I just was.

The lads and I were just hanging out, watching football on the small tele that hung from the corner of the room. Niall almost always chose the opposite team that I liked just to be competitive, but I didn't let that bring me down. I was having too much fun enjoying their company. It would be even better if Cheryl joined us.

"Yes! Wales just scored another point, Styles! Doesn't look like your team is doing so well." Niall teased me in his heavy Irish accent as I rolled my eyes at him, lifting up my baby from her small crib. I smiled at her and cradled her in my arms.

"Uncle Niall isn't very nice when it comes to football, love." I mentioned to her in a baby voice as she giggled. It was almost like she understood me or something. All I knew was that we had a strong connection between the two of us, and I was overjoyed about that.

Niall pouted, "Daddy isn't always the nicest either." I chuckled at the blonde-haired lad as he stood up from the couch that Louis slept on. "I'm gonna go get some crisps. Do you lads what anything?"

Louis nodded, "Can you get me a blue Gatorade?"

"Sure. What about you Harold?"

I shook my head at him. I didn't really want anything. Besides, I wasn't hungry and I wasn't thirsty. I had everything I needed right here—literally. Liam had previously bought me some baby stuff so that I didn't have to leave Cheryl for diapers, bibs, or other baby items.

"Okay. I'll be back in a sec," Niall responded with a short shrug, and then he waltzed out of the ICU. Louis flashed me a glance and then did the same to Cheryl, and it made me curious.

"What?" I questioned, wanting to know what was on his mind. He chuckled lowly and shook his head.

"Nothing. I was just admiring how nice your family looks. You've sure got it all together." Louis grinned as I gave him one of my looks with my eyebrow arched into an angle.

"This looks like a family?" I asked another question as Louis smile dropped.

"What is it with you and questions?" He replied sarcastically, which I really didn't expect anything unsarcastic from him. So I let it go with a cheeky laugh.

All of a sudden, I heard a faint voice, "Harry?" I turned to look at Cheryl who I thought was still asleep, but she had woken up. And suddenly, I flipped out.

"Oh my God. Cheryl, you're awake!" I stood up and neared her bedside. She was still very weak from being asleep this whole time.

"What's going on? Where am I?" Her delicate voice croaked up questions as I flashed her our baby girl.

"You went into a coma after you had our baby and you've been in a coma for quite a while." I beamed down at Cheryl as Louis just watched us quietly. Cheryl's eyes filled with tears, but she didn't let them fall.

"Oh my God, Harry. She's so tiny! She's so beautiful!" She gasped, gesturing me to let her hold the baby. I was a bit hesitant to let Cheryl hold our baby girl—Cheryl being really weak, but I couldn't refuse. She was the mother, and she deserved to see her baby girl. "Did you name her yet?"

"No. I wanted to wait until you woke up so that we could decide on names together," I smiled and rested my hand on her forearm.

"What do you want to name her Harry?" Cheryl questioned, gazing up into my eyes that seemed to be smiling.

"I like Darcy or Sydney," I suggested, giving her time to consider the names. She grinned and nodded.

"Darcy is perfect!" She shouted with joy like she always did, and my smile grew in length until it couldn't grow anymore. I never thought she'd like any of the names I had picked out. "How about Darcy Anne? We could make your mother proud with that." Cheryl beamed and let our baby play with her hand.

I nodded and blushed, "That's beautiful." My stomach churned itself into knots just the way it always did when Cheryl made me get butterflies. I hadn't had this feeling in quite some time, and it felt good to feel it once again.

I couldn't be happier. My daughter's name was Darcy Anne Styles—her first name picked out by me, her second name picked out by Cheryl, and her last name shared with my family. Darcy seemed to like her new name too because whenever we called out her name she would giggle or smile. I think she's one of those giggly babies that only happen once in a generation, and I probably passed it onto her because I was once a giggly baby too.

"Our little Darcy." Cheryl smiled down at Darcy and kissed her cheek.

"That is a really pretty name," Louis added into the conversation finally. I was starting to wonder what was taking Niall so long. He was missing all the fun as well as all of the other lads.

"Thank you," I appreciated him with a nod of agreement.

"So what happened to me and how long was I out? I'm still very confused on what's going on here." Cheryl mentioned as her smile faded.

"You lost too much blood after Darcy's birth, resulting in a coma.You have been out for a long time now, and I was very, very worried about you." I said without hesitation.

"I am so sorry, Harry." She apologized; which I didn't know why. It's not like she could've controlled it.

"No, no, no. You don't have to apologize. It isn't your fault," I responded as I bent over and pecked her warm, cherry-red lips. That was a feeling that I truly had missed.

"Well, I am feeling one-hundred and ten percent better. Can you get me the doctor, baby?" She sighed and handed Darcy over to Louis. I nodded. I was ready to get out of this hospital as well. I was really ready to go to our new house and bring Darcy to her new home.

I strolled out of the ICU and made my way to the front desk where someone sat behind the counter, "Can I help you, sir?" She asked me.

"Yes, my fiancé is awake." I told her right away.

"Last name?" She asked me another question.

"Styles," I replied nonchalantly and waited for her to type something into her computer.

"Okay. Cheryl's doctor will be right with you." She smiled kindly as I thanked her for her help.

When I returned to the room, the doctor was already in there, which surprised me. He smiled at me and wrote something down on his clipboard. I had a feeling that we we're getting out of here today, and if we did, we would be really lucky. Once we got out of here, I was going to give Cheryl a lot of sugar, and everything was going to go back to normal.

* * * *

A/N: Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this heartwarming chapter. She finally woke up after all that time. Anyways, thank you all so much for everything. This amount of reads is incredible, and I never would've thought I could come this far. And it's all thanks to you guys. I love you all so much honestly. You guys are so amazing. Stay that way! ;) don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed. x