Chapter 40 - Reception

Cheryl's POV

The wedding party was awesome, and the food that I planned with the caterer was to die for. I even saved some for later, even though I probably wouldn't eat off of it again. But what I was really looking forward to was what was coming next—the reception. It was going to be absolutely amazing.

The caterer said she would design everything so that I wouldn't have to do all the work, so I haven't seen it yet and I was very excited to finally see it for the first time. She said it was really a sight to see, and of course it was tempting to go look at it, but I never did. I guess I just wanted it to remain a mystery until the actual celebrating came.

Harry and I were in the limousine drinking some of the finest champagne I have ever tasted; usually I hated drinking champagne, but this kind tasted sweet instead of tart.

Suddenly, Harry rested his hand on top of my dress, rummaging for my leg. I flashed him a look as I bit down on my bottom lip. He gave me a sly look along with a smirk and the cutest set of dimples I'd ever seen. "I can't wait for the honeymoon."

I giggled, feeling my cheeks burn a bright shade of red, "Why won't you tell me where it is?" I whined as he caressed my leg after finally digging under my dress to find it.

"It's a surprise, and I don't want to ruin it." He lowly chuckled as I rolled my eyes with a sigh.

"Harry. You know I hate surprises." I whimpered again, shoo-ing his hand away from creeping up my dress any further.

"Trust me. You're going to love this surprise. I promise." He snaked his hand to mine and took a quick sip of his champagne. I let a sigh of defeat escape my lips, and then I noticed that we reached our destination.

"We're here." The driver rolled down the blocker that once gave us privacy. We nodded to the driver just as a gentleman dressed in a expensive-looking tuxedo opened the car door. "Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Styles."

The man helped me out of the limo probably because it was hard to get up with this huge, poofy wedding gown in the way. Harry soon joined me by my side,and we strolled in arm-in-arm. Apparently, everyone had beat us there because they were all already seated.

Let me just say that the reception was designed extremely extravagantly. The very first thing I did when I walked in was gasped. There was purple and blue lighting and white roses on every table, and everything was just absolutely beautiful.

-

Most of the first hour was just a bunch of communicating with my family and Harry's family. My mum no longer despised Harry; which was good. I knew she wasn't going to hate him forever. No one could dislike Harry for that long. He's too cheeky and friendly and kind. Everyone wanted to be around him.

Someone in the room pinged on their wine glass with a spoon; which told everyone that it was time to start the toasts, and it was Niall who had done it. "I guess I want to give a few words just to get the toasts going." He swallowed as we all made our way to our seats. "I'm Niall, and I just so happen to have the greatest luck to be one of the bride's good friends and the groom's brother. Sorry Greg if you ever get a chance to hear this toast, but Harry's a better brother than you." Niall joked letting everyone laugh, including Niall.

"In reality, Harry's really not my brother, but I do see him as family. These past four years have been crazy, and I never would've thought that any of us were actually going to get hitched during this period, but already Zayn's engaged, and Harry got married today."

"Well, Harry you really got yourself a winner. I remember the first time you met Cheryl," He paused gazing right into Harry's emerald green eyes. "You would not shut up. All that came out of your mouth was Cheryl this, and Cheryl that. You were literally a hot mess."

Harry shook his head with a smile upon his face as I started blushing again. I was starting to wonder if that's actually what he did.

"It was love at first sight between the two of them. The first time I saw them together, flirting and giggling and enjoying each others company; I could just see it in their eyes. And I wish I had something exactly like it. These things don't happen to everyone, but if you're lucky enough like my ol' pal Harry then you better not let that chance slip away."

"I'm glad to tell all of you lovely people that I support Harry and Cheryl, and I always will. My brother and friend will always be a part of my heart. Thank you for being in my life, buddy." He flashed his Irish smile toward Harry as the crowd started clapping. "To the bride and groom!"

Harry's POV

I couldn't believe he told everyone that I was a hot mess! Of course it might've been the complete truth, but did he really have to tell everyone?

I shrugged it off and on continued the speeches. Apparently Liam wanted to be next; so he stood up with his toasting glass and spoon, clinking it gently. "I would like to say a few words myself if it's alright," He cleared his throat as he glanced my way with a warm, welcoming smile. Sometimes Liam was just an innocent, little puppy; which is honestly a trait that I wish I had.

"Harry—there really isn't much to say to you because Niall has already said it all." He took a breath so that everyone could laugh, including myself along with Cheryl. Suddenly, she chained her hand to mine, forcing me to give her a look. She smiled at me sweetly, and I smiled back.

"You are like one of my brothers, and I'm glad to have you in my life because I only have sisters; and my family knows how they are at times." He chuckled. "I'm just teasing. I love all of them dearly, including my brother Harry. You are a leader, mate."

"Now on Cheryl and Harry's behalf, might I add that they are the most perfect couple that I've ever layed my eyes on. Together they are inseparable, and very compatible. Most importantly, they are both head-over-heels in love with one another. Harry, let me just tell you," He paused and gave me a look. "Hold onto her tightly and never let her go because she is a keeper."

I exchanged my attention from Liam to Cheryl who had rested her head on my shoulder. She really was a keeper. And I was more than lucky to have her by my side in this journey. Cheryl was the greatest, and I wasn't the only one who saw it, and when they admit it; it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. I was a very lucky man.

"Anyway, I'd like to propose this toast to Harry and Cheryl, as of today—husband and wife!" Liam rose his glass as did everyone, and we all drank down our second glass of champagne.

To have such good friends and such a great wife, I was living my dream that I never would've imagined. I never thought that I was going to get married and have a baby at this age, but I was eternally grateful. I wouldn't change any bit of it for the world. This was what God blessed me with, and I was extremely ecstatic. The rest of this reception was going to be a blast with all of these people that I cherished around me. What a lucky lad I was.

* * * *

A/N: Hello loves. Thank you for all you feedback. I still can't believe I've made it this far, and it's still continuing to blossom. Thank you all so much. I can't possibly say it enough. You guys are wonderfully amazing, and I love you all so very much. Don't forget to vote and comment for me if you liked this chapter. Stay amazing! xo