Chapter 3 - 50 First Dates

Later that week, Harry and Louis were in the building where they had decided to hold the blind dates. They were setting everything up for the first "Harry Styles Blind Date" as they had called it, and so far things were not going too well for young Harry, physically and mentally.

Physically, tons and tons of girl signed up, and Harry had to go through each and every sign-up sheet to select the girls he wanted to see. During that process, Harry couldn't even count how many paper-cuts he'd gotten from the unfriendly papers he had to flip through.

Mentally, Harry was really anxious about meeting total strangers. His symptoms included sweaty palms, shakiness, and saying things that were completely irrelevant, meaningless, and totally off-topic.

Exactly fifty dates were to be held, and in the first week Harry had to do five. Ten weeks would be occupied for dates and only dates, and Harry was definitely unprepared.

"How ya doin' buddy?" Louis asked Harry with a toothy grin as he slapped the curly haired lad on the shoulder. Harry had been in a daze right until Louis zapped him back into the present. Harry flinched from Louis' touch and shook his head nervously.

"I don't know about this Louis." Harry shakily said, his voice aching anxiety. Louis smiled reassuringly and detached his hand from Harry's back.

"You'll be fine." Louis replied simply, and Harry shook his head again.

I just need to calm down. This problem has gone way too far, and I need to extinguish it. I need to extinguish it by following Management's rules. Even though I feel as if I might faint, I have to do this for the boys. I just need to calm down.

Harry thought in his stirred mind, soon noticing that Louis had disappeared out of the room. He took a deep breath in through his nose, and then exhaled. Suddenly, someone had entered.

"Harry?" A dainty voice called from the main entrance of the building. Harry stood up immediately, guessing she might be the first girl he was supposed to have a blind date with. And according to his calculations, he was correct. "I'm Alyssa Florès. Here for the blind date." She smiled sweetly, and Harry could already tell that she wasn't the girl for him. Although Alyssa was very lovely, she didn't seem to catch any of Harry's interests that he longed for in a girl. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure's all mine, love." Harry said charmingly, not wanting to hurt her feelings by asking her to leave his sight immediately. After all, Alyssa could be the one and only girl for Harry. He just wasn't feeling it at the moment.

Being the born gentleman he was, he took her hand and pulled out a chair for her. "Thank you." She beamed as she sat down in the chair that was placed in front of Harry's.

"So how 'bout this weather?" He joked, flashing a dimpled smile to her as she giggled.

"It's a little cloudy, but besides that it's wonderful." She replied.

Okay. She didn't actually have to answer that. It was more of a rhetorical question just to break the ice. I'm just hoping that this date gets better and all goes well.

* * * *

After about two uninteresting hours, the date was finally over. Before she left, he gave her a hug and a quick peck on the cheek.

Harry was positively sure that Alyssa wasn't the right girl for him. She had talked the entire time mainly about fashion and trends. Harry liked fashion, but he didn't have a passion for it or anything. He tried to bring up his interest in football, but she soon extinguished it by saying that she hated all sports.

During the date, he started thinking about all the things that Cheryl liked and how Harry and her had so much in common. Cheryl was also much nicer than Alyssa, and she liked to play football with him on her days off. Even though he knew it was a bit wrong to think of his best friend as cute and so much more appealing, Harry still did it. He sometimes pictured himself dating Cheryl, which he knew wouldn't be all that bad. Harry just didn't think that Cheryl liked him that way, so they remained as friends.