Chapter 28 - Reality

Harry's POV

It had been two months already since I've made an offer on that house, and I was expecting to receive a call today telling me if we got it or not. Also, if you're wondering why I'm still at home with Cheryl—it's because I got myself into more trouble by posting my own baby girl's ultrasound onto Twitter. Cheryl wasn't too happy about that, but at least she was happy that I was going to get two more months to stay with her.

So there I was, sitting there on my bed with Cheryl right next to me, waiting patiently for that phone call. It was a little early to be waiting, but I was too excited. I just had a strong feeling that we were going to get it.

Cheryl suddenly chained her hand to mine, "I don't feel good."

I gave her a captivating glance as I felt my heart almost jump out of my throat. I hated whenever she didn't feel well; it always made me worry—and it made my nerves ten times worse because she was pregnant. "Just nauseous?" I questioned, twisting the phone in my hands apprehensively.

She shook her head, "A little, but it's a weird feeling in my stomach. It's starting to scare me." Cheryl tightened her hand around mine.

I was getting scared too; not just worried. I knew that she usually didn't feel this way. "Lie down and relax babe. I'm sure it's nothing," I reassured her, trying my hardest to sound convincing. I didn't think she believed me about being confident in my answer, but she obeyed, and lied down.

Destroying my worry a tad bit, my phone rang. I glanced toward Cheryl who exchanged me a nod for a smile, telling me to answer.

"Hello?" I greeted as my heartbeat quickened, faster and faster.

"Hello, Mr. Styles! Congratulations! You and you're fiancé get the house!" A man, who sounded a little sarcastic, paused, "We just dropped off the key to someone named Niall at your flat. So check with Niall, and he should give you the key! We hope you have a wonderful evening! Enjoy your new house!"

And with that, the sarcastic man hung up. I turned to face Cheryl and flashed her a look of pure happiness, "We got the house."

Cheryl clapped her hands enthusiastically and did another one of those little dances. I joined her and chuckled as Niall waltzed right in with a "what the hell" look upon his face.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Niall asked, eyebrows arched into a judgmental angle. Cheryl and I started laughing, making the two of us end our dance.

"We were having us a good ol' happy dance, but you ruined it." I replied, nudging Cheryl with my elbow gently.

Niall shrugged, "Okay. I guess you don't want this key then. I'll just get rid of it for you," Niall smirked away, thinking he was a sly dog; which he was not—at all.

"Thanks. That would help us so much." I said sarcastically, a little annoyed at the blonde-haired lad. He chuckled and rolled his baby blue eyes, handing over the key.

I dangled it in Cheryl's face to show it off as Niall strolled out of the room with the shut of our old bedroom door. "Let's go get our house!" I yelled with excitement and stood up from the bed. Cheryl did the same, but suddenly she bent over slightly, clutching her baby bump.

"Harry. Something's wrong. I think my water just broke," She admitted rather calmly. However, I started panicking. This wasn't supposed to happen this early. She was only eight months—not nine.

"Do you want me to call for an ambulance?!" I asked loudly. This wasn't the kind of thing I was expecting at all.

"No, just drive me to the hospital. But hurry. I am really not feeling good, and there is a lot of water coming out down there," Cheryl responded, attempting to stand up a straight.

I dashed to her side of the bed where she was standing and stared at the tiny puddle of liquid that was forming on the wooden floor.

I picked her up in my arms and started jogging as quick as I could out of the flat. I saw Louis and Liam stand up from the corner of my eye as I passed them, darting out of the front door. They ran after me, both of them startled. "Harry?! What's wrong?!" Louis called from the doorway.

I placed Cheryl in the car carefully, hearing the sound of her whimpering, "Cheryl's water broke!" I called over to them, sprinting to my side of the car. I climbed in and started the car, instantly pulling out of the driveway.

"Harry. I'm scared." Cheryl said quietly as I gave her a look of concern. Tears were starting to develop at the rim of her eyes. I slid my hand over to hers, trying to calm her down as much as I could.

"Are you okay?" I asked, realizing what a stupid and irrelevant question it was. Of course, she wasn't okay.

"I don't know, but I'm so scared. I don't know what's happening!" She started sobbing, and all I could do was listen. I didn't know what to do—there wasn't much I could do, but drive to the nearest hospital.

I sped down the highway, all the way to the hospital where we had gotten the ultrasound, and I stopped the car at the Emergency Center.

I tore myself away from the car and ran into the hospital doors as fast as my feet could carry me, shouting like a mad man, "Someone help me! My wife's water broke!"

Immediately, doctors and nurses started jogging out of the emergency entrance. One of them soon wheeled Cheryl in a wheel chair down a hallway that apparently I wasn't allowed to go into.

I tried to push my way past the doors that they were taking Cheryl through, but I was stopped by a guard, "Sorry sir. You're not allowed back there."

I gave him a look, "Are you kidding me?! That's my wife!" I spat, attempting again to get past him. Nothing I tried worked, and so I decided to give up. I was basically helpless in this situation, but I was just so scared. I didn't know what was happening.

And then a shocking question flooded my thoughts, what if she loses the baby?

Tears started rushing to my eyes as I sat down in the waiting area and rested my weary head in my hands, feeling my heart split into two pieces. Is that what was happening? Am I going to lose my baby girl? Is this even reality?

* * * *

A/N: Hello love. I hope you liked this chapter, and I'm sorry for the cliffhanger *evil laugh* I guess you'd better keep on reading if you want to find out what happens to Harry's baby girl :) but before you continue, do you mind clicking the vote icon for me? It would mean a lot if you could. Also comment if you would like as well. I love feedback if you cannot already tell lmao. Alrighty. I love you guys so much. Stay awesome! :)