Chapter 1 - "Duty Calls Mr. Harry Styles."

"Harry! Pass the crisps!" Niall squealed from afar. Harry, who had been soundly dozing away on the sofa, shifted his body and let a short groan escape from his cherry-red lips.

"Leave me alone." The curly-haired lad whined as if he were a young child. After all, Harry was sleeping, and the bag of potato crisps were only a few feet away. Niall could get them himself, if he weren't so lazy.

"All I need is the crisps! Hand em' over and I'll stop bothering you!" Niall demanded, jabbing a pillow straight into poor Harry's face.

"Ugh. I'm trying to sleep!" He snapped, hastily sitting up and glaring into Niall's baby blue eyes.

Harry didn't deserve such rubbish treatment from Niall. He did way too much for the Irish lad, and all Harry wanted in return was some peaceful sleeping. All the working and waking up early before the sun rose was very tiring for young Harry, and he should be able to get some sleep without anyone bothering him.

"Well since you're already awake now, you might as well hand me the bag." Niall demanded again, still not giving up. Harry sighed with disappointment in himself and snatched the bag of potato crisps that were lying on the end table. He shoved the bag in Niall's direction as the Irish lad started giggling.

"You're welcome." He uttered harshly, flashing an annoyed look at Niall. He stood from the sofa where he once slept peacefully on and made his way down the narrow, dim hallway, straight to his bedroom where his fluffy white blankets, sheets, and pillows awaited him.

Harry peeled back the blankets and crawled into the bed with another sigh, only this time it was a sigh of satisfaction. Finally, some quiet time for Harry. No boys or annoyances could disturb him now. Except for one thing—the alarm clock that told him when it was time to wake up and get to work. Harry begged for it not to go off in his mind so that he could get some sleep. And with his luck, it didn't go off.

However, when Harry's heavy eyelids collapsed and he was about to snooze, the alarm clock buzzed and pinged with its annoying tune. The sound rang in his ears as his emerald-green eyes shot open and scowled at the numbers on the clock. It was nearly five-thirty in the morning, which was way too early to be up, Harry thought, which made him wonder why Niall was already out and about.

The curly-haired lad swore under his breath, knowing and feeling that he didn't get all the sleep that he desired. He detached himself from his warm, comforting bed and took a long yawn. Harry stood up again, but this time he was more grumpy and cranky than before. Everyone needed sleep. Including Harry, the cheeky, charming lad with sparkling green eyes and an adorable smile that could make any girl swoon.

Harry heard someone turn the knob to his door, but he didn't care much to stop them from entering. He was just too upset and exhausted to care about anything.

"Harry," called Liam, all ready to go to work, fully rested. "Hurry up now or we will be late. And you know how the guys down at Management will feel about-"

"Yes Liam. I'm coming." Harry interrupted him as Liam flashed a look of both hurt and guilt. Harry wasn't really in any mood to have orders barked into his face. If Harry wasn't happy, then why should anyone else be?

"Sorry if I-"

"Don't apologize! I'm the one who should be apologizing here." He bellowed, interrupting the soft-brown eyed lad yet again. Liam opened his mouth to say something else, but he stopped the words from coming out. His dark brown, puppy-like eyes blinked twice, and he shut the door without another word to be said.

Since Liam was finally gone, Harry decided to just change into a fresh, clean shirt and brush his teeth.

Once he was finished with everything, he piled onto the tour bus with the other boys, and the driver started up the engine, starting their way to their next destination, Modest Management.

- - - -

When the bus pulled into the parking lot, Zayn nudged Harry with the tip of his elbow gently. Harry had fallen asleep on Zayn's shoulder, and Zayn didn't want to wake him.

"We're here Harry." Zayn mentioned lowly with a smile as Harry's eyes fluttered open and squinted into the light that shone in through the blinds of the tour bus.

Harry actually felt a little better now, having at least two more hours of sleep, but it wasn't going to take long for that little moment of happiness to dissipate. Unknown to him what was about to happen, he grinned at Zayn kindly and sat up.

The boys were led into the building by a few security guards, including Paul, and they strolled into a medium-sized room where a serious-looking guy dressed in a serious-looking suit sat behind a desk. He was a fat man with a bad attitude. Harry knew who the guy was and didn't approve of him at all.

"Hello boys. Welcome back." The guy, named Phil, starts off with a friendly smile. "Do you know what has been going on around here lately?" He asks with great patience, glancing from boy to boy. The boys anxiously shake their heads no, earning a small chuckle from Phil in return.

Harry was confused about how nice Phil was acting. Phil was usually always crusty and rude whenever he would meet up with the band to discuss "business."

"You're right. You don't know what has been going on here lately. That's because nothing at all has been going on. No paparazzi. No fake rumours." Phil paused, still glancing around the room. "And you're all probably confused as to why I'm complaining about this."

The lads look from one to the other with puzzled looks plastered across their faces. Harry especially was confused. Wasn't it a good thing for no paparazzi or fake rumours?

"Here at Modest Management we work to fix paparazzi's bad publicity or photos, and we make sure that every fake rumour is put to rest. But since nothing is happening between One Direction and the media, we can't do that. Therefore, we can't get paid until something interesting happens to you guys. So I've come up with a great solution." Phil slyly smirked, staring directly into Harry's emerald green eyes. Harry's heart was beating insanely fast, and his hands were sweating nonstop as he recognized the cinch of sarcasm in Phil's throat. "Harry ol' boy. I want you to get a girl pregnant."

Harry's eyes widened with astonishment as the boys all stared at the curly-haired lad in complete silence.

"What?" Harry choked out, trying to process what Phil had actually said. Phil laughed deviously, letting Harry know that all his kindness was just an act.

"You heard me." Phil glared at Harry, obviously displeased with the boy's reaction.

"But sir! I'm not even ready to raise a child and be a father! I just turned twenty in February!" Harry fought with Phil, trying to get him to change his mind, but it was all no use.

"Then get ready. I mean, duty calls, Mr. Harry Styles. And when it calls, you answer and accept your responsibility."

Harry sunk down into his chair, frustration and concern occupying his mind to the max. Why did Harry have to do the dirty work? He was the youngest in the band.

"Why can't Louis get a girl pregnant?! He's the oldest!" Harry complained, only making matters worse.

"Hey! Don't you bring me into this!" Louis yelled, almost springing straight out of the chair he was seated in.

"I have my reasons, Mr. Styles, and they don't appoint to you. And if you refuse, you will be kicked out of the band. So I suggest you obey." Phil finished the argument with a devilish smirk as Harry, who was now steaming mad, stormed straight out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

He has to get a girl pregnant? This was total rubbish that he was being forced to do. And he had to do it or he could get kicked out of the band. Harry loved the lads as if they were his brothers, and he certainly did not want to be excluded from the band. He had absolutely no choice but to face it. He had to be a man, and get a girl pregnant.

* * * *

A/N: 1 chapter down, 42 to go! I hope you all enjoy this story, but before you enjoy the rest of it please vote and comment your opinion! I really appreciate feedback, especially when it's coming from you guys. Thank you so much! ily babes ;)