Chapter 9 - A Dinner Date

When Harry got home from the whole rubbish meeting with Phil, he found out that Cheryl wasn't actually back from her appointment yet; which only made the poor lad even more upset. Harry just wanted to hear about his baby. But I don't get to hear the news, thanks to Phil, Harry told himself as he started to pout like a little three-year-old.

Harry plopped himself onto the sofa and clicked on the tele, soon turning the channel to one of his favourite television shows, Friends. But before he could start watching an episode, the lads strolled right on in, and they all had questions.

"Hey Harry," Louis greeted, throwing himself down next to the curly-haired boy, "We heard about your session with Phil."

Harry sighed with frustration as he rested his suddenly heavy head in his hands. How did they already know, Harry asked himself.

"So what are you gonna do?" Niall asked, sitting down as well.

"I don't know." He shook his head slowly. He was starting to think that picking Cheryl for this was a bad idea. Could she handle being all over the media? Harry wasn't sure.

"Well, whatever you decide to do, just know we are all here for you." Niall said, rubbing poor Harry's back soothingly.

"Thanks guys." Harry smiled through his worries. He felt as if he was going to break down into a puddle of tears, but he didn't want them to see that.

"Maybe you could take her out to dinner," Liam suggested, taking a seat on the arm rest, "I know of this restaurant where you could eat a nice dinner, and then have a slow dance. It's very romantic."

Harry perked his head up, thinking it was a great idea. Not only could they get spotted together for publicity; they could also do more bonding as a couple. It would be perfect.

"Good thinking, Liam." Harry smiled again, only this time it was a real smile, and he stood up from the sofa. "I think I'll call her now."

Once Harry was in his bedroom, away from the boys for a little privacy, he pulled out his phone and dialed Cheryl's number.

"Hello?" Cheryl's voice called from the other end of the phone.

"Hey babe," Harry greeted, "Would you like to go out to dinner tonight?" The curly-haired lad asked, getting straight to the point.

"Aww, I'd love to. That sounds wonderful!" She cooed excitedly without any thought, which made Harry smile to himself like an idiot. She was probably excited because it was going to be the first time that he'd actually took her out properly, and he was just as excited. It was going to be their first actual date.

"Okay, cool. What time are you coming home?"

"In about two hours. I went to my first yoga class today after the appointment, and I met these mums, and now I'm out shopping with them. They're giving me so much information about the pregnancy and what to expect. They're really nice." Cheryl said even more excitedly. Harry's smile increased as his stomach started to churn. It seemed to do that whenever he felt strong feelings for Cheryl. He had no idea why or how to stop it. It just happened.

"Alright sweetheart. I'll see you then. Be safe, I love you."

"I love you more, baby." Cheryl replied, making kissing noises into the phone, "Bye."

"Bye." Harry laughed and hung up.

Cheryl's the greatest, Harry told himself.

After a moment of sitting and thinking, he finally decided that he should take a shower and get ready for the evening.

- - - - 

After about two hours, Harry was finally ready. Well almost, as he asked Lou to come over and help him fix his hair up. She had fixed his curly locks into a slight quiff, and then she left with a pleasant thank you from the lad. He was going to go all out on this date. Cheryl deserved this more than anyone in the entire world.

Suddenly, Harry heard the front door open and close so he jogged down the dim hallway, all the way to the door, and sure enough; there Cheryl stood. But she looked amazing. Extremely beautiful.

"You-You look..." Harry stuttered as he stared at her with his emerald-green eyes shimmering into her's. "Beautiful."

Cheryl was dressed in a navy blue evening gown with her auburn hair carefully curled, and she just looked absolutely stunning. "The mums heard you ask me to dinner, and I told them that this was going to be our first date, and then they spoiled me with this." She said with a cute smile as she twirled around in her dress, making it sway in the wind gracefully.

"Well, shall we?" Harry smirked at Cheryl with loving, lustful eyes as he held out his forearm to accompany her.

"We shall." Cheryl giggled and latched herself to him. They both knew that this night was going to be an utterly complete fairy tale.

- - - - 

The couple rode to the fancy restaurant in a limo with Harry's security guards securing them in a circle, but when they got there, Harry told them to stay and watch out for fans. Even though he loved his fans dearly, he didn't want them to disrupt the perfect date with Cheryl.

So there they were, arm-in-arm as they strolled together happily toward their reserved table for two. Harry smiled kindly at Cheryl, pulling out her chair for her to sit down.

All throughout the date, Cheryl talked about the mums being so generous, and she also talked about the doctor's appointment. She said that she had to stop drinking anything that had caffeine in it because it was apparently bad for the baby.

While Cheryl talked, Harry listened. He listened to every word she spoke out of her perfectly-sculpted lips, just admiring how beautiful she was. He was probably the most happiest person alive.

After dinner, Harry asked Cheryl to dance, and of course, she said yes. Cheryl rested her head on his shoulder as his hands rested at her hips, the two swaying slowly back and forth. Liam was very right about this place being romantic—it was so romantic that Harry thought all the love in his heart could cause his heart to explode. And Cheryl felt the same.

"I love you so much, Harry." Cheryl whispered into his ear, making him beam.

"I love you so much more, Cheryl." Harry whispered back, moving her body closer to his.

The couple danced to several songs silently, just soaking up each other's love right into their soul. They could both feel it tonight. Especially Harry. He felt like if he didn't have Cheryl in his life, he'd be lost in the world. Living without her would be like not breathing. He just loved her so much.

A fairy tale date was the perfect ending to Harry's rubbish day. It was just what he needed.

♡ ♡ ♡

A/N: Hello guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well as the entire book. Please give it a vote and comment for me if you are enjoying it. It means the world to me. I love you babe! xoxo

ps isn't harry so fucking cute? just look at his cute face in the gif. makes my heart warm