Chapter 39 - Our Moment

• Dedicated to the newly weds! Harry and Cheryl Styles!

Harry's POV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, nervously adjusting my bow tie. The time has come. It was already Valentine's Day. Everything was planned, and the invitations were sent out a while back. Nothing was going to change the day of this very moment. I was getting married to the one and only love of my life Cheryl Brookes. Or should I say Cheryl Styles?

I was exactly five minutes away from walking down the isle. My nerves were building their selves up hastily as the minutes passed so extremely slow. The wedding caterer was already getting ready to send Darcy down the isle with her adorable basket of rose petals—she was the flower girl. I mentally rehearsed my vows and shook out my legs along with my hands gently, trying to prepare myself. This was going to be the happiest moment of my life, but I was anxious for some reason. Was the groom supposed to be this nervous?

"Harry. It's time," The caterer mentioned, giving my shoulder a tight squeeze. I inhaled a deep breath and pushed on out of the doors, straight into the ceremony.

The classic tune played as I strutted gracefully down the isle. People were snapping pictures on both of my sides, and on each of their faces was pure joy for me. Next, I noticed the lads waiting for me in their suits on the right of the podium with huge grins. I even saw my mum and step-dad who were in the front row waving—my mum was crying. I wasn't that focused on the people around me when I took one glance at the woman I was about to marry. My heart felt like it exploded when I saw her in that glistening, princess-styled wedding dress and veil. Her make-up was extremely extravagant, and she just looked like a model. Cheryl flashed me a look of delight as I neared her and the podium.

"You may be seated," the minister said. "We welcome all of you here today as we have gathered together in the presence of God and these witnesses to join Harry and Cheryl in holy matrimony."

"Marriage is a gift, a gift from God, given to us so that we may experience the joys of unconditional love with a lifelong partner. God designed marriage to be an intimate relationship between a man and a woman—mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Just as the two of you make vows to one another today, God also made vows to you and me that show how much He loves and cares for each one of us. Listen to these vows God made that are recorded for us in His Word: 'I will betroth you to myself forever in lawful wedlock with unfailing devotion and love; I will commit myself to you, to have and to hold, and you shall know the Lord.'"

"Harry and Cheryl; because your deep love for each other comes from God above, this is a sacred moment, and it is with great reverence that I now ask you to declare your intent."

The minister took a breath from his long, but peaceful speech, and suddenly I wasn't all that nervous. "Who gives this woman's hand to this man in marriage?"

He glanced at Cheryl's father who was grinning from ear to ear. He nodded in my direction and started to speak, "Her family and friends gathered here today do."

The minister nodded at us, letting us know it was time for our vows. I decided to go first as Cheryl and I turned to face each other. I cleared my throat as I stared into her beautiful, shimmering eyes and started, "You have been my best friend, mentor, playmate, confidant and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than anyone could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible. You have made me a better person, as our love for one another is reflected in the way I live my life. So I am truly honoured to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life, together."

Cheryl blushed and took my hands in hers, "On this day, I give you my heart, my promise, that I will walk with you, hand in hand, wherever our journey leads us; living, learning, loving, together, forever."

The minister continued onto my favourite part, "Do you Harold Edward Styles take Cheryl Le'ann Brookes to be your lawfully wedded wife? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?" The man stared at me with his grey eyes as I squeezed Cheryl's sweaty hands.

"I do," I croaked out without having to think at all. She smiled at me, squeezing my hands back.

"And do you Cheryl Le'ann Brookes take Harold Edward Styles to be your lawfully wedded husband? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," She repeated the exact same words as my heart sank with warmth. Knots tangled themselves in the pits of my stomach as I realized what I was actually doing. This was actually happening, and I never in a million years would've dreamed of this. I was marrying the greatest, most beautiful girl in the entire universe.

The ring bearer handed us the wedding rings, and I placed Cheryl's on first, and then she did the same to me. I glanced down at mine for the first time. It fit me just right; which made me wonder about how she knew my finger size.

"You may kiss the bride." The minister gleamed with a kind smile. I leaned in slowly and suddenly felt a trillion sparks escape from my body. Everyone in the audience roared with applause and encouragement as her lips collided with mine in perfect sync, and this moment couldn't get any better. This was a fairy tale, and Cheryl did a great job on planning all of this. I am truly and honestly the proudest of her, and of myself also.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce to you, Harry and Cheryl Styles, husband and wife!" The minister concluded as we parted. Cheryl and I turned to face the audience to look upon their faces. My mum was weeping her eyes out it seemed, and apparently Cheryl's mum and my mum became instant friends—they were sitting next to each other trying to console their selves.

Cheryl beamed at me, "I love you."

"I love you too, Mrs. Styles." I winked and planted a warm kiss into her hand before holding it up. Everyone cheered and applauded once more before we exited into our reserved limousine thanks to Cheryl. She really did have everything planned out to a cinch.

This moment in my life marked a new beginning with her, and I knew that I wasn't making any mistakes. This moment I knew I was going to remember for all eternity. This is our moment in marriage.

* * * *

A/N: Hey guys! So this book is coming to an ending. There's only a few more chapters left for you to read, and I'm am very happy to tell you that I have so many other books now, with 5sos. Also, I am writing a sequel to this one! If you liked this book, then I'm almost positive you will like what I've got coming out in store for the sequel. Thank you for everything you have done for me and this book! I am eternally grateful. I love you all. xx