Three

The next morning I rushed to the hallways of Hogwarts and saw Hermione standing in the middle of the aisle. She smiled at me and waved. 

''Ready for potions class?'' Hermione had asked me.

''Definitely, do you think it would be possible if we could sit together?'' I asked. 

She smiled at me and nodded her head yes. 

*

*

*

*

About halfway into the class I needed a beaker in order to keep my potion in place. I reached over to grab one, but it seemed as Hermione had the same idea. Our hands had touched. She looked up at me and grinned as she slowly pulled her hand away. 

''Go ahead you can use that one, I'll go the back to get another'' Hermione told me as she walked away to the back of the class. 

I had butterflies in my stomach. 

*

*

*

''Okay you're all dismissed for the day'' Slughorn announced to the class. 

As I was leaving out the door a hand grabbed my arm. It was Hermione. 

''Hey do you think you'll be free this Friday night?'' Hermione asked me. 

''Yeah, how come?'' I replied. 

''Well, you see Athena, Gryffindor is having a party in our common room and I was wondering if you would like to go?''. 

''Oh I would love to, see you Friday Hermione''. 

*

*

*

*

It was already Friday night and I was standing outside the Gryffindor common room ready to knock when someone had called out my name.

''Athena?'' It was Luna Lovegood. ''Were you invited as well?'' she asked in a soft voice. 

''Yeah I was, by Hermione actually''. 

''Oh how lovely, you two would make a beautiful couple'', Luna told me.

''Oh no it's not like tha-'' 

''But you wish it was'' she said by interrupting me. ''I see the way you look at her, it's quite beautiful''. 

I smiled and Harry had opened the door. 

''Bye now!'', Luna told me as she gave a sweet smile and entered in. 

''Ready to come in?'', Harry asked me.

''Yes of course'' as I gave him a smile. 

I didn't know what to expect tonight.