Nine

It's now the start of my last school year at Hogwarts. Over the summer, Hermione and I have been sending each other letters weekly(not daily) so it looks less suspicious. Hermione had told me that they had barely started heading out to find the horocruxes last week . I worry for her safety everyday. I know she's in good hands though because she has both Ron and Harry who constantly look out for one another so that gives me a sigh of relief. Although, she hasn't answered my letter I sent her out earlier this week before the start of school, which is weird, but understandable since she is out there risking her life. 

*

*

*

The first day was completely slow. All my classes were boring. The only good thing was sitting with Neville during lunch, he's probably the sweetest boy I've every met. We ate in the hallways because we didn't feel like going to the Grand Hall. Also because we wouldn't be able to eat together. 

''Don't worry Athena, Hermione's probably writing you back as we speak! She's okay, alright?'' I gave him a small smile. ''You know... I was thinking.. do you want a plant?...I mean I take care of plants because they make me feel better if I'm having a rough day''. 

''I would really appreciate it Neville''. He had the biggest smile on his face. 

''I'll give it to you tomorrow after school if that's okay with you, but for now I have to go study for an exam, bye now!''.

''Thank you so much Neville, good luck!'' and he walked away. I sat there alone in the hallway until I heard Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. 

''I mean I would encourage you guys to join me, but you two aren't fit for it like me''. Draco had told Crabbe and Goyle. 

''You know you got a lot of nerve continuing your 7th year here Malfoy''. Draco turned around immediately. ''Affiliating yourself with Snape even though he killed Dumbl-''. Draco ran up to me and grabbed me arm . 

''What are you doing?!''. I said to him as he led me up to his dorm and slammed the door behind him. It was just me and him alone. 

''Look!'' Draco said as he lifted his arm up. It was the Dark Mark. 

''Draco.. why the hell would you give in?''

''It was for my family! And do you wanna hear the funny part?...You're going to join me''. 

''No! I will not... never in a million years''. 

''Oh, but you have to! I already told Voldermort about your love for Granger.. why do you think Hermione hasn't answered your letters huh? You think it was because.. she was actually doing something?''. He started laughing. ''No, it's because we have her..''

''What do you mean?''

''Well let's see for ourselves''. He grabbed my hand and we started walking down the hallways. Right turn, left turn, right again.

''And here we are... Alohomora'' the door opened. It was Dumbledore's old office. ''Here we are, now stick your head in''

''What is it?''

''It's a Pensieve, it shows what happened that night''. I looked at him for a second then stuck my head in. There Hermione was, getting tortured by Bellatrix. I wasn't even there in the actual moment, but her scream hurt me so bad. Ron and Harry yelling at them to let her go hurt me as well. Knowing that I couldn't be there to help also hurt. Then I woke up back in Dumbledore's old office. 

''You thought I was joking huh?'' I turned around and ran straight to my dorm room. ''I'll give u a week to decide, then Granger's gone!''. 

As I entered my Slytherin dorm, I examined the room to make sure I was alone, and I was. I was so glad Pansy wasn't around to make fun of me. I layed on my bed and started crying, I thought to my myself ''It's all my fault, It's all my fault''. If Hermione were to die, it would be all my fault, just like my mothers death, whom I have not mentioned, but she was the one and only. Bertha Jorkins. She went on a trip to Albania, like Hermione who went on a trip as well. The pattern seemed to familiar to me and I didn't like it at all because I knew how it would end. That's when I rushed to my desk, grabbed a roll of parchment and started writing to Hermione. 

''Dear Hermione,

Please come back I am worried sick about you. I take back with what I said about being okay with you going, I am NOT anymore. I would do anything to have you change your mind and come back. If you do get this letter, which I hope you will. I hope you take my idea into consideration. 

With Love,

Athena. ''

*

*

*

I was so anxious for her to write back. Hoping with whatever Draco showed me was untrue. Day 1 came by, no letter. Day 2, no letter. Day 3, no letter. Day 4, no letter. Day 5, not letter. And today was the final day since tomorrow would be a week till my decision was final. 

I waited at the Slytherin table in the Grand Hall. All the owls came in at once. No letter.