Ten

The last bit of hope in me completely slipped away. I got up from the Slytherin table and went straight to the hallways. 

''Athena!'' a voice yelled from behind me. I kept walking straight. Not even knowing where I was going. The footsteps started to get closer and soon caught up to me. That's when a hand grabbed the back of my arm.

''Athena. Time's up''. It was Draco of course. 

''I'm aware'' I replied trying to keep my voice from cracking. 

''Come with me to the dorm''. He grabbed my hand and we moved our way to the Slytherin dorms. We went inside my dorm room this time since Blaise was currently in Draco's. 

''So, say yes and we let Granger go or, say no and she dies''. 

''..yes..'' I said quietly.

''I didn't hear you can you please speak up?''

''I SAID YES''. Draco jumped back startled.

''Fine okay...''... ''I'll be back in a hour to deliver the news''. It felt as my whole world was crashing before me. I felt like I let down not only myself, but my friends Neville, Luna, etc. And most importantly Hermione. If she ever sees me again she won't even be able to look me in the eyes. I needed to talk a walk, down to the Astronomy Tower. I left the dorms and made my way into the hallways when someone was yelling my name, then again. 

''Athena! Athena!''. It was Neville this time. I let out a sigh of relief because I didn't want it to be Draco delivering the news. ''Here's your plant I promised you, sorry I'm a bit late I just wanted to plant you a new one since I feel like you deserve it''. He put the small plant that was in a big pot in my hands. 

''Thank you Neville, this is probably the highlight of my week''. I said smiling. ''I have to go, but thank you then again''. 

''Of course Athena, see you later!''. 

*

*

*

I finally made it to the Astronomy Tower. I set down the plant Neville had given me right beside me. I layed down in the grass, remembering the mess I had just gotten myself into. I reached my hand out next to me hoping Hermione was there to grab it, but it obviously never happened. 

''I wish you were here Hermione, I can't do anything right when I'm without you''. The sun started to set, so I thought it was the right time to start heading in. When I turned around I was inches away from Draco's face. I pushed him away.

''What do you want?''. 

''Come on we have to go before the gates to Hogwarts close''. We started running towards the exit of Hogwarts. 

''Where are we going?'' I asked Draco. 

''We have to go to Hogsmeade in order to Apparate, since we can't do it inside Hogwarts''. We were outside Borgin and Burkes. ''Grab my arm''. I grabbed his arm and a sudden rush hit me, we were apparating, but to where? Boom. We landed. I didn't recognize where we were at first, until my eyes met a man who looked like an older version of Draco Malfoy, which had to be Lucius. 

''Up'' someone commanded but it wasn't Lucius that made this command. 

''Voldermort, sir'' Draco bowed. I looked up and opened my mouth, but nothing came out.

''And you must be Athena, lovely to meet you''. 

''I-''

''So I'm aware that you have agreed to come to the dark side am I right?''. I wanted to say yes, but something slipped out of my mouth instead.

''Hermione, is she okay? I need to know!''. 

''Yes yes yes... they had actually escaped after Draco had given me the news of you wanting to join, but don't be alarmed it is Harry that I want after all. But if you were to ever cross me, don't even think that I wouldn't find her and kill her. Are we clear?''. 

''Yes-''

"It's yes sir. Are we clear?''

''Yes sir''

''Wonderful.. now are you ready to join?''

''Yes I am ready sir''

''Perfect now give me your arm..''. I was second guessing my decision, but I knew if I didn't give in either Hermione and I would be dead. 

''Here'' as I reached my left arm out. He pointed his wand out and pointed it to my forearm. I felt a sudden sting shoot throughout my arm, as if poison were injected into it. 

''There'' Voldermort said. I looked down at my arm and there it was the Dark Mark. The mark that symbolized what side I'm fighting with. The mark that associates with the people that killed my mother, and almost killed Hermione as well. I looked up and scanned around the room, my eyes met with Narcissa, Draco's mother. She mouthed the words to me ''I'm sorry''. She was possibly the only person who felt remorse for me in that room.