Eighteen

*10 Years Later*

Dear Hermione,

I don't even know where to begin. I've been writing you letters for what seems like years now. I keep sending them to your house hoping that your parents memories of you will come back, but they don't seem to remember. I am so sorry you never got the chance to unobliviate your parents memories. It is now 2011, which makes it 13 years without you. I still can't believe it. I applied to be an auror and I got it! Everyday I push myself to be better a me because I know you would've done the same. I adopted 2 children just like you wanted :) they're 2 girls , the oldest I named after your middle name. Her name is Jean sometimes I call her Jeanie, she's a powerful witch just like you were. She is attending her first year at Hogwarts and you won't believe it! She was sorted into Gryffindor. You would've been so proud of her. The youngest is named Jordan, I thought it was similar to my last name Jorkins, so I named her that. And yes she is a muggle in case you were wondering. Jean and Jordan Jorkins. I wish you were here to meet them. They would have absolutely LOVED you. I am raising them on my own because I don't think I could ever raise them with someone else Hermione. It's so hard not having you around, but I always seem to manage. To this day, I always feel like I could've done something different in the battle, but I already know if I told you this in person, you would tell me to let it go, but I can't. It should've been me, not you. You deserved nothing but the best, but it's time that I let you go. I will always remember the memories that we shared together. Our first kiss, us dancing at the Yule Ball, our picnic date, laying down beside each other in the Forbidden Forest, and even risking our lives for each other. You were my first and only love. You taught me what loves is, and I don't think I could ever thank you enough. I love you forever.

Yours,

Athena Jorkins <3