Seventeen

My whole world gone before my eyes. The one place where we held all of our memories, took you with them as well. You were now just a memory.

"Please wake up, please" I shook her body gently. "C'mon Hermione" I grabbed her and held her close to me. I couldn't hold my tears any longer. They fell violently down my cheeks. "You're gonna be okay, okay? Everything's going to be alright". I felt instant guilt and I felt sick to my stomach. If I had just ran a little faster or if I had not bumped into Luna maybe I would've been able to save you in time, but I didn't. "You're going to wake up soon, I just know it." I put my two fingers by her neck to feel for a pulse, still no pulse. "Please. Please. Wake up." I let go of her body and just started crying. My emotions got the best of me. Screaming, yelling, explosions went off as I sat there looking at Hermione who lied there peacefully. It finally occurred to me that I would have to be the one that would carry you back into the castle. I would have to show the world that you were gone. 

*

*

*

As soon as the war was over, I finally had the courage to carry you in. With every step I took, I thought to myself what I could've done differently, but I can't change what's already happened. I was finally outside the Grand Hall. As I entered I could see the drained faces that everyone had. The lifeless bodies that were covered with a blanket. Not only was Hermione taken that night, but so was Tonks, Lupin, Lavender, Colin, Fred, and even Snape. I was more blown away when I saw Snape. It was all so crazy to me. 

''Oh my god!'' Ginny ran to me tears already coming down her face. ''Oh my god Hermione. What happened?''.

''I don't know..'' my voice cracked ''She was already lying there when I got to her''. Ginny put her hand on my shoulder. Ron and Harry both came running as well. 

''What happened what did you do?'' Ron yelled at me. 

''I didn't do anything! You really think I would've done something to her?'' he stayed quiet. ''Harry I'm so glad you're alive I didn't know whether I should've stayed or-''

''You did the right thing. I was a horocrux anyways.''

''You were what?'' 

''Yeah crazy huh..'' as Harry said this Ron walked towards his family to tell them about Hermione. They immediately came over. Molly put her hand on my head.

''I know how much she meant to you dear. She never stopped talking about you.'' Molly sat down next to me. ''This may be hard to hear but, even though she's gone... the love that you guys had will never die.'' I looked at her with a faint smile since I was trying my best to be strong. Out of nowhere Madam Pomfrey appeared with a white cloth that covered all the other dead bodies. 

''Wait, no! I want to say something before you-'' 

''Of course.. take as much time as you need''. I looked down at Hermione with nothing but sorrow in my eyes. 

''Hermione... I don't even know where to start. I don't even know what to say. I just know that whatever I do won't ever be enough to bring you back. And it really sucks'' I couldn't breathe out of my nose anymore, '' You meant everything to me and I promise in another life we'll meet again, and I'll try my best to find you. We'll have our happy ending that time. Just sadly not in this lifetime. If I could trade places with you, I would in a heartbeat. It's crazy to think that you were only 18. You were so brilliant and had so much to offer in this world. I'm just sad you never got the opportunity to achieve it. I can't find the words to explain how I'm feeling right now, but this isn't goodbye forever.'' I kissed her forehead and stroked her hair for once last time. ''I'm ready'' I told Madam Pomfrey. 

''You are so strong'' she said to me. And just like that the blanket now covered you.