Four

As I entered the Gryffindor common room I saw Harry walk towards Ginny, Ron kissing Lavender, and Hermione taking shots. Honestly not what I was expecting, but I mean who can blame her? Ron had already moved on so quick and Hermione prioritized their relationship over everything. Even school sometimes. I was walking away from the crowd when I had heard Hermione call me. 

''Athena! Come take shots with us''. 

''Oh shit'' I thought to myself, I didn't know whether to party with her or babysit her. 

I walked over to the drinks station and took one shot when Hermione threw up all over Dean Thomas. 

''Oh shit'' she said, ''I am so sorry.. Athena do you think you can take me up to my dorm please?''. 

''Sure''  

As I was holding her up while we were walking up the stairs she looked at me and said,'' You're so beautiful Athena, do you know that?

''You're only saying that because you're drunk''

I tucked her in and as I looked away for a split second she said, ''I mean it''. She sat up on her bed and continued the conversation by saying, ''You're so beautiful, sweet, and did I mention intelligent?'' she smiled at me, and before I could give a response she kissed me. We slowly pulled away and she looked at me as if she were guilty.

''I am so sorry Athena I didn't mean to''

''It's fine Hermione, I understan-'' she ran out of the room. 

I didn't know whether to be embarrassed, happy, or confused. 

Did I do something wrong? Does she only like me as a friend? Was it a mistake? 

I left the door rooms and asked Ginny if she saw Hermione anywhere 

''Check the Astronomy Tower, that's usually her safe space''.

''Thank you so much Ginny!'' 

I raced out of common room and headed straight towards the Astronomy Tower and there she was. Laying in the grass by the Astronomy Tower. 

''Hey Hermione do you think we can talk?'' she immediately started crying. ''Hermione please tell me what's wrong..''

''Everything! I value our friendship so much and I ruined it because I like you, but I tried so hard to not have my feelings get in the way.''

''You like me?'' I asked. 

''Of course I do Athena, have you met yourself? You're amazing, more than amazing! but I'm also scared of getting hurt again...''

I sighed and softly grabbed Hermione's face, ''Hermione.. I've liked you ever since third year, but I knew you liked Ron, I never thought you would like me. I always thought you would never give me a chance because you're so prejudice against Slytherins, but now here we are, and I'm here to tell you that I would never hurt you''. 

She looked at me with a soft smile with tears in her eyes and hugged me. ''Thank you Athena, you're too good to me''.

''So why do you come here to the Astronomy Tower?'' I asked her. 

''Well I like looking at the stars it brings me a type of peace, I like to think about all sorts of stuff when I'm here. What I'm going to be when I'm older, which is an Auror if you were wondering, will we destroy?.... you know who..''

I interrupted her, ''Hermione please don't think about him...''.

''Why not!'' she yelled, ''He's back Athena and you know it, I'm scared''.

''Don't be...''.

''But I should, WE should, after all Dumbledore has been giving Harry private meetings and he's learning something about Horocruxes''.

''Sounds pretty important''

''It is! and I don't have a clue what it is'' she stood up and I did the same. ''Meet me in the library tomorrow at 8pm, and please don't tell anyone what I told you tonight.''

''Of course I won't''

''Thank you for being so understanding tonight'' she held my hand and walked with me inside. I walked her outside the Gryffindor house and before she went inside she gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

''Sleep well Athena'', and she walked inside. I was smiling the whole time until I got into the dorms. 

''Where have you been the whole night Athena?''. It was Pansy Parkinson. 

''Oh, I had detention tonight with Mcgonagall''. 

''Ugh! You just reminded me, I was supposed to go tonight too. Oh well, I'll go tomorrow, anyways goodnight Athena''. 

''Night Pansy''. As the light went out in our dorm room, I couldn't help but smile and think about Hermione Granger.