Five

It was now the next evening, and I was on my way to the library to meet with Hermione when I saw Draco Malfoy wandering the halls. I was so curious to see what he was up to considering he's been distancing himself from everyone this year. That's when Snape had appeared and pushed him against the wall. Draco started crying. 

''Wipe the tears off your face now. Have you found the Room of Requirement?'' Snape asked Draco. 

I couldn't hear the rest because I blanked out, I was trying to remember the Room of Requirement. Oh! It was the room Harry had used to give Defense against the Dark Arts lessons to a bunch of other classmates. I wasn't invited or even notified that it was going on since I'm a Slytherin and he considered us ''untrustworthy''. 

''Follow me over here .'' Draco told Snape. 

They were headed to the direction I was hiding. That's when I made a run for it and ran to the library as fast as I could. Once I got there I softly closed the door behind me and looked down the aisles to find Hermione. I was on the second to last aisle when I not only saw Hermione, but Ron and Harry as well. 

''What's she doing here?'' Ron asked Hermione.

''Is there a problem?'' Hermione remarked back. 

''Of course not, it's perfect actually'' said Harry, ''we need all the help we can get, especially considering you're a Slytherin you might know more than us. Sit down.''

I sat down next to Hermione and she gave me a shy smile. 

''So Athena, have you seen anything suspicious? Mostly with Malfoy or-?''

''Oh give it a rest Harry!'' Hermione interrupted Harry. ''You need to stop suspecting that Malfoy is up to something''.

''Actually Hermione, I just saw him and Snape in the hallways and it seemed serious''. 

''See! I'm not crazy, I told you Hermione, I got to go speak to Dumbledore. Also I'm not going to be able to make the Yule Ball either tomorrow''. 

''But Harry why?'' Hermione and Ron said at the same time. 

''It's an important mission with Dumbledore, good night everyone''. He turned around and left the library. 

''Well there goes your date Athena'' Ron told me. 

''What do you mean?''.

''Well because remember? You told me you smelt him in your amortentia. You said their name started with an H!''. 

''Ohh yeah'' I nervously laughed and looked at Hermione. She was blushing. 

''Well I'll leave you two alone, I'm getting quite tired, and I'm getting new dress robes tomorrow finally!''. Ron waved and left. 

''Well looks like it's just you and me'' Hermione turned to me and smiled. 

''Mione, I completely forgot that the Yule Ball is tomorrow! I don't have anything the wear and I don't even have a date!''

''Well.. I can help you with one of those things''. She leaned in and kissed me. ''Athena, will you be my lovely date to the Yule Ball?''

''I would love to Hermione''. She kissed me again. 

''Now how about we both go to bed, and we'll go to Hogsmeade tomorrow and find you a dress''

''That'd be perfect''

We walked each other down the hallways and said goodnight to one another. It's crazy to even think that not even a year ago I couldn't even look at Hermione without getting nervous and now she's my date to the Yule Ball.

***Side note: In this story the Yule Ball occurs every year :)