Six

It was a bright morning with snow melting in the grass when I looked outside. I woke up at 9 am and there was now only 12 hours before the Yule Ball started. I quickly got dressed and rushed over to the Gryffindor house when Draco Malfoy was also passing by. 

''Who are you waiting for? '' he asked me. 

''Umm Granger, why?''

''I knew it you do fancy that little mudblood!''

''Please don't call her that, and anyways why do you even care? It's not like anyone wants to even go to the ball with you''

''Ooo you got me so good'' he rolled his eyes at me, ''Actually I have better stuff to do than go to that stupid ball, it's pointless, I have plans with Sna-''. He quickly shut his mouth. 

''With who?''. 

''With no one, now go hang out with Granger!'' and he stormed off. 

''Password?'' the Fat Lady said. 

''Umm I'm not a Gryffindor sorr-''

''Oh Athena!'' Hermione had opened the door. ''Ready to go? I'm sorry I kept you waiting so long''

''It's okay I understand'' and we left to Hogsmeade.

*

*

*

*

''How about this dress Athena?'' she picked up and showed me a short red dress. 

''Trying to have me wear Gryffindor colors now are we?''

Hermione laughed, ''Not at all, it's just we've been here for a couple hours and we still haven't found anything'', she looked down disappointed, ''You know what? Let me look at the ones in the back''

As I was waiting I kept wondering what Draco was doing. I felt like Harry for a moment, until Hermione came back.

''Oh! Look at this dress Athena'' she showed me a beautiful sage green dress and gave me the biggest smile. 

''That's so beautiful!'' I said, ''That's the one''. 

*

*

*

*

We both went to our different common rooms to get ready so we can surprise each other with our final looks. I started to head down the stairs, but Hermione was no where to be seen. I looked even inside the ballroom and she was nowhere to be found. That's when I turned around and there she was. Walking down the stairs in a gorgeous pink dress and giving the biggest smile.

''Ready to go in?'' she asked.

''Yes I'm ready''

As we walked in we got smiles from Ginny, Neville, Luna (who had the biggest smile), and even Ron as well. On the other hand, Pansy wasn't so thrilled she looked at me and rolled her eyes. She was accompanied by Blaise.

*

*

It was about two hours into the night and it was probably the best dance I've ever to been to. Everyone was dancing, smiling, and having the best time. That's when the first slow song came on. 

♫As the World Caves In-by Matt Maltese

''Listen Athena'' Hermione looking nervously at me, ''I haven't told you.. but, I might not return next year''. 

''Why? Is there something wrong?''

''There's nothing wrong it's just... about the horocruxes..'' she took a hard gulp ''they're objects which you know who's soul lies in, and it seems there are much more out there, and Dumbledore wants Harry to destroy them. And you see, Harry wants me to come with''.

''What? No, I'll come with you.''

''I'm sorry, but you can't. They're Dumbledore's orders....I also just want to say that if anything happens to m-''

''Hermione please don't say that, you'll be fine okay? I believe in you''

She gave me a smile, tears about to fall from her eyes. 

♩ And as the Earth runs to the ground, oh girl it's you ♩

We gave each other a passionate kiss. 

♩ That I lie with, as the atom bomb locks in ♩

''I love you so much Athena''

''I love you more, Hermione Granger''