Thirteen

Seeing Hermione again gave me butterflies in my stomach. As I entered the school it hit me that I completely missed all of my classes. I walked up the the entrance and noticed Mcgonagall walking down. 

''Oh no''. I said underneath my breath. 

''Athena what do you think you're doing wandering outside the gates, get over here''. She walked towards me and grabbed my arm. 

''I was only taking a walk to get some fresh air!''. 

''Oh don't be ridiculous, 20 points from Slytherin and you also weren't present in any of your classes. An additional 50 points will be removed.''

''But-''. 

''And you will have detention at 8pm with me in order to finish all your homework''. We had just walked into the main hallway of Hogwarts as she said this. ''I gave your homework to Ms. Parkinson, now go on get to your common room''. I ran up the steps and gave the password in order to walk in. 

''Ugh you'll never believe what had just happened to me today''. Blaise and Pansy were sitting next to each other on the couch in the common room. 

''What happened Athena? Oh by the way I have your homework''. She pulled out a stack of papers and put it on the table in front of them. I opened my mouth in shock. 

''That! That's also a part of the problem. I have so much homework and I didn't go to any of my classes today because I-''

''Because you what?'' Pansy asked. 

''Uhh I went to the Forbidden Forest for some fresh air, that's all''. 

''Orrr Athena was skipping class for someone'' Blaise said smirking. 

''Don't be dumb Blaise, her ''lover'' hasn't been seen in such a long time.'' Pansy told Blaise. 

''Oh, that Granger girl?'' Blaise rolled his eyes. ''I think you can do much better, why don't you give Malfoy a chance? He's our friend and he's a Pureblood like us.'' 

''Yeah, but Malfoy is- I don't know just.. not my type''. 

''Mhm okay whatever you say Athena... I'm going up to the dorms see you later Pansy'' Blaise had given her a kiss and walked up the steps and disappeared into the boys dorms. 

''Athena, I'm telling you, girl to girl... Granger's not worth it. ''. I looked down at my feet trying to not yell at Pansy. 

''You're right.. ''. 

''Exactly I know I am.. '' Pansy said with a smile. 

*

*

*

It was a couple minutes before 8pm and I was rushing down to detention with McGonagall. I finished some of my homework in order to get a little bit of it out of the way. I headed over to the Transfiguration classroom and the door was open. 

''Please sit down and get started on your homework" Mcgonagall said to me. I sighed and sat down at a desk in the back.

"I just want to know what went through your head sneaking off into the Forbidden Forest. Especially considering what's happening in the Wizarding world". I tried my hardest to not tell her, but I couldn't keep it a secret.

"Hermione was there.." I whispered to her. It felt like she was the only person I could tell this to because she was Head of Gryffindor and she was very close with the Golden Trio.

"Listen Athena... you cannot see her anymore it's too dangerous."

"But it was about... Voldermort" I said in a whisper again. She looked up at me then looked down.

"Never in my life would I think a Slytherin would risk getting in trouble for a Gryffindor... seems like the Sorting Hat had placed you in the wrong house." She said with a laugh. "You are very brave Athena, and I admire that, but it seems to me that love is also a factor that contributes to this bravery. " I looked at her with awe because it was almost as if I had a mother for a second. Mcgonagall had stopped talking so I continued to do my homework.

About an hour and a half later, I had finished all of my homework. I walked up to Mcgonagall and showed her that I finished everything. She nodded in approval. As I was walking out of the classroom, Mcgonagall called out my name.

"Athena. If you're going to see Granger again I advise you to tell me first."

"Of course, I understand" I smiled at her

"I could always tell that you were in love with Ms. Granger. ''

''How?'' I asked curiously.

''I first realized when you were looking for her the day after the Yule Ball and went straight to Hospital Wing. I didn't want to say anything because I wanted you to realize it yourself." I smiled. "And if you ever bring your children to Hogwarts in the future, I'll be sure to let the Sorting Hat know to place them in the right house this time.... now go on to bed"

"Thank you Mcgonagall " and I walked off and went straight to bed.