Eight

The next morning I woke up to a hard push on my shoulder. 

''Hey, wake up we have to go to Dumbledore's funeral'' it was Pansy, she then added under her breath, ''not that I care but..''

''Why don't you care for Dumbledore?''

''You know how unfair he was to us in class points!''

''Yeah I guess you're right''

''Who are you meeting down there?'' she paused, ''Ah wait, Granger. Am I right or am I right?''

''Oh shut up'' and I left the dorm room. As I was walking down to the common room I spotted Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. They were whispering to each other until they saw me and all stopped talking at once. There was an awkward silence until Draco broke it. 

''I'll be seeing you a lot next year'' and they all left. What did that even mean? It's not like I'm even close to Draco, but I didn't really think about it too much. I exited the common room and went towards the Grand Hall. Hermione and I spotted each other at once. As I walked up to her she quickly grabbed my hand and put her head on my shoulder. Hermione was the only person I've ever felt safe with at the school.

*

*

*

*

After the funeral I looked at the clock and there was only two more hours until the train would arrive to take us home. 

''Hey come with me real quick'' Hermione said to me as she smiled. She grabbed my hand and we started running down the hallway.

''Now since we're almost there I'm going to cover your eyes okay?'' Hermione said. 

''Okay go for it''. She put her hands around my eyes and started slowly guiding me to where we were going. 

''Okayy ready Athena?''

''Yes!'' She took her hands off my eyes.

''Surprise!''. It was a picnic on the grass by the Astronomy Tower. ''Okay Athena, I know it's not a lot, but-''.

''No Hermione it's perfect.'' I looked at it in awe. 

''Here let's sit down''. A couple minutes into eating, Hermione looked at me and said, ''The reason why I chose this spot is because...inside the Astronomy Tower was when our first real conversation happened, and then here on the grass was that one time where I accidentally well.. purposely kissed you at the party and I confessed my feelings for you. I just felt that this spot is the place where I fell in love with you.''

''Hermione-''

''And I know, I don't want to sound like a cliche, but Athena.. even though you fell for me first, I fell for you harder''. Hermione leaned in and kissed me. 

*

*

*

After we finished eating, it was time to go aboard the train. 

''Can we please sit together?'' I asked Hermione. 

''Of course''

*

*

*

During the train ride we discussed so many things, how long would it take to find the horocruxes? Whether or not we would be writing to each other, and my least favorite topic of all... whether or not one of us would still be alive the time period we were away from each other. 

''Okay, so yes we can write letters to each others, buttt... I cannot tell you what I'm doing or where I'm at, deal?''

''It's a deal Mione''. She shook my hand then kissed it. 

We had finally arrived to 9 3/4. As we exited the train, Hermione and I held each other's hand for one last time. 

''Be safe out there Mione, and DON'T do anything stupid! I know how stubborn you can be sometimes''. 

''I'm no- you know what whatever'' as she let out a giggle, '' And as for you Athena, soak up all the knowledge you can get your -'' 

''Hermione are you seriously bringing education into this right now?'' 

''Of course not but- you know how much I wanted to be an Auror and now I can't finish the last school year''. She looked down to the ground. 

''Listen. You are going to be an Auror AND you are going to find those Horocruxes, I believe in you''. She smiled at me.

''Okay lovebirds shows over'' Ginny said as she rolled her eyes. ''You're still staying at the Burrow right Hermione?''. 

''Yes I am! Sorry but I got to go now..'' We gave each other a passionate kiss and exchanged our goodbyes as Hermione had tears rolling down her cheeks. 

So much can happen to a person in a year. New mentality, morals, and most important of all... new people can change a person.