four:: when you enter his residance.

[Paul, my optimistic sweetheart]

FOUR:: when you enter his residence.

"I'm calling my brother, you want a ride home or something?" Pete asked as he grabbed his bag from his locker before fifth period let out, we'd spent lunch and fifth period in the boys' restroom after the incident beforehand and he gave the idea that we didn't need to spend anymore time in Hell than needed.

And Callum was my ride home.

I thought about it and then my fists voluntarily clenched tightly. I couldn't stop the curse that was spewing from my mouth, "Shit." My jaw was aching less and it didn't hurt to talk anymore but I couldn't move my nose or touch my own face without feeling like I was being punched in it. Again.

Pete shut his locker, "What?"

"Well, you see my house isn't really the place I want to be at the moment." I said, nonchalantly as I thought about who I could stay with at the moment. I could've stayed with a friend of mine but they weren't all more Calum's friends than mine. I thought of Jade's boyfriend and then I thought of the fact that he most likely heard about her cheating on him and wouldn't want any connection with her or me.

Pete nodded, his face a mixture of understanding and amusement, "Ah, parents are homophobic?"

"More like my mom, my dad doesn't give a shit."

"Oh," he whistled, swinging his bag over his shoulder, "Well, hey I was just gonna go hang out at Paul's place for a little while, wanna come? I'm sure he won't mind."

I had soccer practice that day but knowing that Calum would be there made me even more anxious to leave. The real question was: did I want to see more heterosexual human beings today?

"Sure," I guess I did because later I found myself sitting in the backseat of a red rusted pickup as a jittery 15 year old boy drove himself, his brother, and I to our death.

Okay, not really death but his driving skills were mediocre at best.

And by mediocre I mean he didn't hit a tree yet.

Paul pulled at the collar of his button up long-sleeve shirt, grabbing the handle above the passenger side window as he breathed in and let out a nervous laugh, other hand on his thigh, "Pete, chill out before we crash."

Apparently Pete had recently got his permit and considering the fact that Paul was over eighteen, he begged to drive, "Paul, live life on the edge every once and a- oh shit, that's a squirrel!" And the near heart attack explained why he hadn't been so lenient with handing over the keys.

"Fucking hell!" Paul yelled as we swerved out of the way, almost bumping the curb as he gripped his seatbelt in his free hand, "are you insane?" He was yelling now, veins popping out of his neck as he threw wide eyes at his scarred brother.

He was hot when he was pissed, his fists clenched and shoulders squared as he glared holes in the side of his brother's cheek.

Pete, however looked sicker than Jade when her hangover popped up, "I almost took the poor little guy's life!"

We'd slowed down as Paul gritted his teeth, "Pull over."

Pete shook his head, black curls moving with him as he pushed his boxy glasses further up his nose. My eyes widened when he accelerated, "I got this."

Shaking his head, Paul ran a hand over his face, "Peter, you weren't ready to drive and I gave you a chance that's my fault and I'm telling you to pull over, now. I can't afford a ticket."

"Just give me a chance-"

"Pete, pull the damn car over or I swear to God you'll be stuffed in the trunk."