two:: when you hug a stranger.

[I made this cover and I really like it; there's also a cover of Take Me To Church by Hozier too, I personally like the original WAY better but there ya go.]

TWO:: when you hug a stranger.

Brighton wasn't technically an ideal place to live when you got to Michigan. It was busy and boring at the same time. Everyone knew each other and everyone judged as well.

The mall was crowded that Saturday, at around three. When I first left my house, I drove to Calum's house and just sat there in the street, staring at it. I didn't have the guts to go confront him after facing my mother who rejected the entire idea of me being anything other than 'how God intended people to be.' To be honest, I thought she'd have had a more accepting reaction if I told her I was trying to reproduce asexually.

Closing my eyes tightly, I breathed through my mouth, trying to calm down as Apple employees probably gave me weird looks. Running a hand harshly over my face, I felt tears welling in my eyes. And my hands were shaking, my heart beating a million miles an hour.

My feet moved of their own accord, walking me out of the store before security was called on me.

I was breathing out a sob suppressed, eyes fogging over when I went to sit down on one of the benches. Wind nipped at my skin, goosebumps on bare arms and I shut my eyes to calm down.

Something about me felt so exposed then and I realized that I didn't know where to go.

I couldn't go see Calum, not like this, and I couldn't go home. I didn't have many other friends, it wasn't like I was really all that outgoing.

Maybe something really was wrong with me.

"Bro, you okay?" I heard, the standard voice of a guy ask as I opened my eyes hoping it was Calum. I was so out of it that I didn't even recognize his voice and that this person standing in front of me was not him. In fact, this guy was the exact opposite of Calum.

He was tall, around my height which was just about six foot whereas Calum was only 5'8. This guy had curly black hair to replace Calum's blonde locks, and a blinding smile that replaced Calum's braces. This smile that crinkled the corners of his deep brown eyes which contrasted blue seas. He looked to be around seventeen, which was my age, there was a tattoo of lines peeking out from under his long sleeve shirt.

His smile softened when he'd seen my face. I was sure I was beat red and I wiped my face again, breathing out a soft and shaky, "yeah."

I hated how weak I felt.

Something about this guy's energy was calming though, he had kind eyes. Like a puppy, it contrasted muscled arms. He was actually really cute.

And I looked a fucking wreck.

He held a sign that said 'free hugs' eyes smiling, I didn't know why he was waiting around until he spoke again.

"You look like your pissed off. Need a hug?" Inside I debated it. Would he have a problem if I told him I was gay? Is he religious? Is it wrong to check him out?

Part of me wanted a hug just because I needed a fucking hug and I couldn't admit it to anyone else... the other part wanted to verify how gay I actually was.

Cause hugging a dude was one thing but a dude this attractive?

"S-sure." I said, expecting a small side hug and then him to keep moving. I was surprised when he dropped his sign and both arms came to wrap around me. His head rested on my shoulder, bringing only more warmth and comfort as I closed my eyes and reciprocated the hug, breathing deeply and clearly for what felt like the first time since I left the house. I smiled at the fact that he oddly smelled like freshly popped popcorn.