five:: when you get 'the talk.'

[Pete; Migraine by Twenty One Pilots captured in The Live Room]

FIVE:: when you get 'the talk'

After they'd stopped yelling, my head stopped spinning from Paul's proximity, and Pete had excused himself to go order a pizza in the silence of a different room, Paul had proceeded to introduce me to his friends.

Landon who was funny and a little eccentric, was also the youngest of the group besides Pete. My assumption of him being the most immature was confirmed when their ages were announced, him being nineteen- I'd been seventeen, turning eighteen soon- his brother Brandon older by only a minute.

Brandon seemed nice enough and you could tell although he was nineteen, he was wiser than the others at a young age, his age only being matched when Paul has announced he was nineteen, Rilee falling in step behind him at twenty.

Apparently they lived in this rinky-dinky apartment owned by the twins' parents and left every once and a while, road tripping around the country and couch-hopping on a regular basis.

Occasionally they would stop here and stay but since Brandon was trying to get into a film school around this area, their trips had been put off and they'd been staying here for a while longer than expected.

That and the fact that they missed staying in one place for a while instead of living in 'moving circus complete with no air conditioning' as Rilee had so innocently put it.

I'd also learned that they ran a YouTube channel called LightofDay and they had over two million subscribers. Their channel had all types of artistic things including music which Landon grinned like a madman about when they'd played a video of him performing Migraine by Twenty One Pilots.

The guy had skill.

Rilee apparently designed their merch and appeared frequently in videos with Paul and Landon while Brandon did all the technical work. To say I was impressed was an understatement.

After watching a few videos, laughing at the pranks they'd pulled, and promising I'd subscribe later on, Pete had decided to ask about me.

"Well, I'm seventeen, I'll be eighteen in about two months and I play soccer."

I glanced at Paul who was staring at me intently, his eyes examining my face under tight scrutiny. His eyes seemed to have finally registered that I was in fact less than fine and the ice pack was barely stopping the bruising and swelling. My face hurt like hell and so did my body as I tried to move myself around without showing too much pain, "What happened to your face?"

Pete's eyes widened as he sat himself back on the couch next to his brother, his hand came out to swat his arm, "Dude, don't pry!"

My palms were sweaty, my teeth latching onto my bottom lip as I tried to find a reason to excuse myself, "Uh... Where's your bathroom?" I asked, my smile more forced than before my eyes trained on my bruised knuckles.

Rilee answered kindly as she kicked her feet up on Brandon's lap, "Down the hall, second door to your left."

I briefly heard Landon yell a, "Don't use the blue soap!"

"Why not?"

They chuckled, Rilee giggling out the explanation, "It's not soap."

: : :

Somehow within the time it took to navigate myself to the bathroom, I made my way into a room, a bedroom to be exact. There were two beds in this room proving my assumption that they had to share. My eyes ran over the perimeter as I made my way further, looking around.